News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening day!

Started by Rogue Hidesmith, July 22, 2011, 09:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Hidesmith

I'm making a trip to the faire with my friend Kimmy this year for opening day. Anyone else going? I'd totally be down for a meetup :)
If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

Bob of the Lake

Rogue, as long as my car doesn't die, I should be there opening day too. I'm up for a meetup!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Green Monk

Jay Byrd

What day is opening day?  Somebody give me a big f'in YEEAAA HAA!!!!!   COME ON FAIRE. 

I will hopefully be there with my two children who do faire with me.  Bob you know what I look like so grab me and throw me around then we'll say hi and go have a beer.

Oh, did I say YEEEEEEE HAAAA!!!!!!!

Jay Byrd

Bob of the Lake

Jay, opening day is Saturday, August 6. I'll look for you and if you're there, the first beer's on me!
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Rogue Hidesmith

W00t! I've only been there once, so can someone suggest a meeting time & place for a meetup?
If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

Bob of the Lake

Well, if you're there early, there's always Opening Gate or the dim bulb & Bull Pub right after the gates open. (It's the closest pub to the gate--near the Music Pavilion). Any other suggestions?
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Rogue Hidesmith

I don't think we'll make it by gate open. We'll be driving 6 hours with a 1 year old, so we're likely to have several unexpected stops.

A little later in the day, say around noon or 1 should work.
IBRSC #1603

Jon Den Haag

I'll be there for the gate

Skraus

Hiya!

Something I thought some folks here might enjoy.  NYRF is now sporting a pub crawl twice daily.  Five pubs, five beers, 75-90 minutes.  Your own entertainment and tour.  Costs extra, of course, but there's a special pewter pin I believe you also get.
Steve Kraus
Director, Journeyman Company and Spendpenny Players
New York Renaissance Faire

Rogue Hidesmith

Ok, let's meet up at the C0ck & Bull Pub at 10:30.  I don't have a RF pin, so I'll be looking for those who do. Or Goody, I know what she looks like :)

Woo I can't wait for next weekend :) I think I'm going to do the pub crawl too.
IBRSC #1603

Jon Den Haag

5 beers in 75-90 min? Lightweights ;)

Skraus

Quote from: Jon Den Haag on July 29, 2011, 09:43:53 AM

That's only what's included in the price. ;D  If those on the tour want to partake in more beverages during that time, not one person will stop them. :)
Steve Kraus

Jon Den Haag

Quote from: Skraus on July 29, 2011, 11:11:16 AM

That's only what's included in the price. ;D  If those on the tour want to partake in more beverages during that time, not one person will stop them. :)
I kinda figured that. I'd need at least 5 beers at each pub.
30 shcarroles for 5 beers is about right if you include tips.
What times are you guys going to have the tours?

Skraus

Quote from: Jon Den Haag on July 29, 2011, 11:48:54 AM
Quote from: Skraus on July 29, 2011, 11:11:16 AM

I kinda figured that. I'd need at least 5 beers at each pub.
30 shcarroles for 5 beers is about right if you include tips.
What times are you guys going to have the tours?

Check at the Info Booth when you sign up.  They'll be a sign.  Starts at the dim bulb & Bull Pub which should also have a sign.  We're thinking 12:00 or 12:30 and 3:00 or 3:30.
Steve Kraus