News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Crushing the Rumor Mill

Started by L Dale Walter, June 17, 2008, 09:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L Dale Walter

We received, through the rumor mill (of course), that there is talk that Silver Leaf is bankrupt, and not opening this year.

This could not be farther from the truth.

Silver Leaf IS opening on July 5th as scheduled, and will run for 5 weekends.  Anything you hear to the contrary is untrue.

We have a fantastic entertainment line up scheduled, including:

Noble Cause Jousting
Ric Roc Zoo
Bocca Musica
The Knights of Iron with their new Adventures of Robin Hood show
Rogue Blades
Ammic Romano (New)
Knotty Knickers
Crye and Cudgle (New)
Doc Dixon
Pirate Shantyman and Bonny Lass
Moggie Horde
Three Pints Gone
Story Time with Queen Grace (New)
Jeffery the Piper
The Robin Hood School of Swordsmanship (New)

And for limited engagements - All new this year
The Tartan Terrors (Celtic Weekend)
Ample and Trite (first 2 weekends)
Highland Games (Celtic Weekend)

And returing
Ded Bob (last 3 weekends)

Plus special events every weekend, close to 100 vendors, a fantastic site, food, drink, and more fun than you can shake a stick at.

Plus, our ticket price stays at $12 for adults $8 for children 5-12.  Advance tickets are even cheaper!

SO if anyone tells you that Silver Leaf is not opening this year, they are lying to you.

L. Dale Walter
Assistant General Manager
SLRF Productions

flidais

Are you doing a full highland games or just a demo?

L Dale Walter

>Are you doing a full highland games or just a demo?

Depends on what your definition of "full fledged" is.

We are still lining up athletes, and we hope to have a good turnout.

What will happen is men in kilts will be throwing heavy things.  Cabers, stones, weights, all of the traditional games.

L. Dale Walter
Assistant General Manager
SLRF Productions

flidais

I was just curious if you were doing a full games that the guys and gals can use towards their scores on NASGA, or if it were just more for fun.  But I hear you have McBain helping you out with it, so I'm sure no matter what it is, it'll be fun!!!  I'll be there!! 

flidais

We had a great time.  Hope you guys do the Highland Games again next year.  Always tons of fun.  And Dale it was nice finally meeting you in person.

L Dale Walter

QuoteWe had a great time.  Hope you guys do the Highland Games again next year.  Always tons of fun.  And Dale it was nice finally meeting you in person.

Glad you did.  I think the athletes had a ball.  Sunday was intense, as we had the guy who placed 3rd in the worlds there.  He threw the 26 Lb 60+ feet!  It was amazing.

McBain also got a new nickname.  He is now "Pickles" McBain.  You can ask him about it.

Dale

flidais

Ah yes..."pickles"....I was there when the girls "gave" it to him on saturday.  Oh man that was a priceless moment. 

L Dale Walter

Quote from: flidais on July 14, 2008, 06:06:06 PM
Ah yes..."pickles"....I was there when the girls "gave" it to him on saturday.  Oh man that was a priceless moment. 

I was not sure if you saw that or not.  Never mess with performers!  They will strike back... With PICKLES!

LDW

Poldugarian Warrior

It's unfortunate, but I didn't see some of these acts, which were a draw for me to attend, but I did have fun nonetheless. It's just too bad they pulled out of the deal with you, but evryone's got to do their own thing I guess, and we can't all be pleased. Maybe next year.

L Dale Walter

This was the 2008 line up, not the 2009 line up.

Gotta check those dates on the posts...

LDW

Poldugarian Warrior

Your right my mistake, sorry about that. It'd be nice if they did return to Silver Leaf at a later date though.