News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Accessability Question

Started by Sir Jim & Lady Helen, July 25, 2011, 10:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Jim & Lady Helen

How easy is it to get around in this faire if you are using an electric scooter or walker?  We are thinking of visiting this year but need to know if this will be a problem or if there are good, hard packed paths. 

Thanks

Sir JIm

Irish Penny Brigade
Castleteers
Lost Vikings
FOKTOPs
ROOL

Jim:
Ride Penny

Helen:
Spin Penny
IWG#3811 Local#57

Ladyfair

The grounds are fairly hard packed unless it has been raining very hard.  The grounds have wood chips sections, grassy sections, stones and cobble stone walks and lots of people walking around. smile

It is a VERY large park so the electric scooter may run out before you do.  (I have seen some folks toting extra battery just in case.  There are many folks who use the scooters, faire even has some you can rent for the day....but you need to make sure you call ahead and reserve one.
There may be a plug available near first aid (which is across from our booth Things from Rings) or at the front gate but I am not sure of that.

The faire sits on small rolling hills/inclines, in and out of the woods, not a flat faire for sure but nothing that extreme. Like all outdoor shows weather determines accessability, but its easy to walk around the mud if there is any. :)

All 16 stages, events and food booths are handicap accessable and easy to get around with walkers chairs or scooters, but alas some of the shops are not, but you have over 160+ shops so there are many choices 8)
I can answer any questions for you, or you can call the office and somebody there for sure has an answer.
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523