News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Four Winds Celtic Music Festival

Started by Selkie, June 17, 2008, 10:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selkie

I've looked at the site for the time, but is there any other information about it? I'd like to attend, but I'm curious about who's playing there and what other activities might be there to do.
"I am a woman upon the land, I am a seal in the sea..."

Dracconia

I am going to Rendapendence next weekend...I will see if I can't get some information for you!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Selkie

SirRichardBear

Here is some information I got from Kristin about the Music Festival hope it helps.

Four Winds Celtic Music Festival:We are still setting up our performer line-up, so the complete list of performers will be posted to the website very soon.  We will open at 12:00 noon and go on until approx. 10:00 pm.  RV and tent camping with shower house and flush toilets is available very near the faire site.  There will be vendors' shops onsite and the Sword & Musket Tavern concession will be open with turkey legs, shepherd's pie, steak-on-a-stake, sausage-on-a-stick, water, soft drinks, and cheesecake.  Since we are unable to serve alcohol, coolers with beer or other alcoholic beverages may be brought in, but not water or soft drinks as they are available at the concession.  Bringing in outside food is not allowed.  It is recommended that patrons bring in blankets or lawn chairs to sit on. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

SirRichardBear

Hello all!

Four Winds Productions is hosting our newest event, the Four Winds Celtic Music Festival in September.  Details are given below - please mark your calendars for this unique event!  The Singer/Songwriter Meet & Greet on Friday, Sept. 19 is open to the public, giving folks a chance to meet some of our performers in an informal setting.  The Music Festival will take place Sat. Sept. 20 from Noon to 10 pm.  We are still accepting applications for vendors, especially those who vend Celtic items.  Bring your friends - you won't want to miss it!  Below are details:

Celebrate Celtic Heritage at Four Winds Celtic Music Festival!

Troup, TX – (August, 2008)  A new event in 2008, the Four Winds Celtic Music Festival is on Saturday, September 20, 2008 at the Four Winds Faire site in Troup, Texas, just 11 miles south of Tyler.  Enjoy a variety of talented Celtic musicians as they play new and traditional Celtic tunes, celebrating the spirit of Celtic heritage.  Artists include Abby Green, Brendana's Dream, The Conly's, Jed Marum, Leza Mesiah - the Moor of Dundee, ParaCelt, Shift, Tim Glennon, and Willow.  Through the magic of music, travel to the shores of Ireland or the highlands of Scotland! 

Four Winds offers plenty of seating in a park-like atmosphere amid the beautiful East Texas Pines.  The festival features delicious food and beverages, crafts vendors, children's activities, and outstanding Celtic musical acts for the entire day, rain or shine.  In addition, a Singer/Songwriter Meet & Greet will be open to the public at the faire site on Friday night, September 19, from 7 – 10:00 pm.  Patrons will have a chance to meet our musicians in an informal setting, and food and beverages will be available from our concession. 

Festival hours are Saturday, from Noon to 10:00 PM; Singer/Songwriter Meet & Greet is Friday, from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM.  Saturday Festival Admission is $10, kids 10 and under are FREE.  There is no charge for admission to the Meet & Greet on Friday night. 
Four Winds Faire is located just 11 miles south of Tyler, Texas on Hwy. 110 South, between Whitehouse and Troup; site address is 21852 C.R. 2178, Troup, TX.  From the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex, it is just 85 miles east off I-20 at the Hwy. 69 exit to Tyler, and just 80 miles west of Shreveport/Bossier City, LA off I-20 at the Hwy. 69 exit. 

Tickets are available at the gate and FREE parking is available.  Feel free to bring a blanket or lawn chairs to these special events.  Coolers are allowed on-site, but no pets, please.  For more information about this event or other Four Winds year-round events, visit www.fourwindsfaire.com or call (903) 839-5271.                                                                   

Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Selkie

I don't know if anyone will see this, given the possible circumstances of Ike. But is the music festival still going to happen? Is it canceled or postponed? Were the faire grounds damaged at all? Is power out in that area?

I checked the website and all that shows up is a Spyder Internet webpage. What happened?  ???

SirRichardBear

Got this message from Dustin this afternoon.

Hi Richard,
Yes, We are definitely holding the music festival this weekend, Saturday from 12:00 till 10:00. The Hurricane took out our server so our website is temporarily down but the performers are coming and the advertising is out.

So look forward to see some there on Sat. 
Benjamin Franklin