News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tartanic?

Started by darkranger, July 30, 2011, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkranger

Whats up... tell me it's not true,  I didn't see Tartanic on the the music line up.
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

Wickedvox

Sorry, it's true. They probably don't make enough in sales to cover their trip here. I'm trying to be understanding, what with my love of making money also, but it's difficult. It won't be the same without them. :(
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

MrHyde

I am from their home faire in Texas.  Was online tonight and noticed the Mike McNutt and Elijah Woolcott are not with them anymore either.  They have broke off and formed their own band.  Looks like Tartanic is making some large changes.
Home Faire - Texas Renaissance Festival
Frequent - Scarborough, Four Winds, Sherwood, and Middlefaire as well.

max and kate

I see their name on the entertainment list for the Pensylvannia Ren Fest along with Circa Paleo.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Lady Mac

They are at Bristol this weekend and next. Still sound great after the changes.
Lady Mac's Horns, Canes @ Staffs
Every Lord needs a good stick...
Every Lady too.

Wickedvox

Darkranger,

Be heartened! I've been to their website http://www.tartanic.net/tour and we've been added to their tour!! I knew they'd come to their senses! *relieved sigh* It just wouldn't be the same without them.

max and kate

Just checked out there calendar and they will not be at MiRf this year, you where looking at 2010 dates, sorry.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Wickedvox

D'oh!! Grrrr...and all sorts of grunting and stomping!

darkranger

sad... my son has grown up to there music...and now I've got bad news for him...     :'(
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

kcdcchef

they have moved around quite a bit over the years, save texas. i first saw them at the kansas city renaissance festival, my home shire, in 2005, and havent seen them back there since. go figure. but since i make a cameo at the pennsylvania faire from year to year, perhaps i will get to see them there in mount hope this fall!

serenamoonsilver

They were at the World Steam Expo in Dearborn this year and may be returning for it next year.  Also, its being discussed on the facebook group, but apparently the faire has cut back on its entertainment budget so a lot of the regular acts aren't coming back this year because the faire won't pay the price for them.

darkranger

Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

Celtic Lady

:'( 'tis real sad. There are alot of changes happening there.

NefariousDrO

This is a worrisome thing, since performers are a big part of why we go. I know times are tough, and everybody is tightening their belts, but it's gonna be tough to have less performers.

kcdcchef

as long as Adrian Walter is the front man, that group will thrive. Now Ceann on the other hand, that is a true heartbreaking story.