News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I can't wait for... (fav. show, food, shop, activity, etc. at KCRF)

Started by Tamtaro, August 03, 2011, 09:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamtaro

Never had a scotch egg.  Never have I seen Ogrot.  I will see Ogrot while eating a scotch egg!
I missed Lord Austen Tatious & Lord Tim Tatious last year - I hope I'm lucky this year!  Gaylord was the cameo Fop - basking in his radiant presence was divine. :D

Butch

Aniroaldawen

Quote from: kcdcchef on August 03, 2011, 10:37:21 PM
oh my, is there a chance there won't be musical blades?

The Blades are doing the St. Louis Pirate Festival, whose four weekends fall right in the middle of KCRF. I saw them at a show they did with Beerside/Ogrot last weekend, and as of then, they were still trying to get a stage secured from the festival owner for the weekends they won't be in St. Louis. (They've told me that even if they're not performing they'll be out at faire in some way when they can. Being good friends with all of them, this makes me very happy even if we won't get to see them perform.)

kcdcchef

Quote from: Aniroaldawen on August 05, 2011, 11:49:49 PM

The Blades are doing the St. Louis Pirate Festival, whose four weekends fall right in the middle of KCRF. I saw them at a show they did with Beerside/Ogrot last weekend, and as of then, they were still trying to get a stage secured from the festival owner for the weekends they won't be in St. Louis. (They've told me that even if they're not performing they'll be out at faire in some way when they can. Being good friends with all of them, this makes me very happy even if we won't get to see them perform.)

oh wow. I was looking at their page the other day and it was still referencing the KCRF as all 7 weekends. That sucks. But I always come either weekend 5, 6, or 7. So I'll see them. Heck I actually like them as much or more than Jolly Rogers most days!

Tamtaro

I love Bob the Incredible Juggler!  I feel like he is a pillar of the festival.  My season is not complete without his show.
And have you been to the "Crossbow" Archery place down by the Human Chess stage?  I always feel like I have some secret insider knowledge (ooooo!) when I shoot there instead of the booth at the front gate.  They have super-nice people working there every year too.  It's like a family!

Butch

Have never seen Bob the Juggler's act; will have to check it out!  YES to the archery range by the chess stage!  Very nice!

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on August 07, 2011, 09:23:22 AM
I love Bob the Incredible Juggler!  I feel like he is a pillar of the festival.  My season is not complete without his show.
And have you been to the "Crossbow" Archery place down by the Human Chess stage?  I always feel like I have some secret insider knowledge (ooooo!) when I shoot there instead of the booth at the front gate.  They have super-nice people working there every year too.  It's like a family!

sigh..................the chess stage.....................sigh.................

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on August 07, 2011, 05:38:09 PM
sigh..................the chess stage.....................sigh.................
Aww, I forgot!  Sensitve topic :'(  I liked Human Chess too & it really filled up the hill, so I know we weren't the only ones!!  It was great to see so many characters there all together (photo opportunity!) and it was FUNNY!!
Back in the day, when the "Barbarian Lair" was the "Enchanted Forest," there was a fairy with a silly accent who used to pose and say, "Photo opportunity!!!"  So when I say that, I'm hearing her silly voice & it makes me happy! :D
I hope the Robin Hood thingy-ma-doodle is awesome!

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Tamtaro on August 05, 2011, 04:37:37 PM
Never had a scotch egg.  N Gaylord was the cameo Fop - basking in his radiant presence was divine. :D
You poor, deprived lamb!  *snaps fingers* Quickly! Someone get this child a Scotch Egg!

Fops of course, Musical Blades and shopping!
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

kcdcchef

Gaylord yes, such an awesome fop! I miss him so. He called the chess match in one of his final years, such a great actor.

Tamtaro

Okay, not a facebook person, but upon Google searching Fops of Kansas City, VOILÁ, The Queen's Fops (our fops too!!) have a page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Queens-Fops/124543324290046?sk=info#!/pages/The-Queens-Fops/124543324290046?sk=wall
And if that is Lord Austen Tatious in the photos section, I must say that he is a tall cool glass of water! ;)

Tamtaro

Evil - can't wait to wish him a good morrow & (try to) give him a hug.
Toy -  can't wait to...wow, how to say this?...be jiggled/vibrated/buzzed by him!  He'll get your cheeks (face!) and vibrate - *Tamtaro is laughing!!!*  :D
Master Reveller - can't wait to evade capture & subsequent auction by him.

Tamtaro

Quote from: Rowen MacD on August 08, 2011, 01:16:42 PM
   Fops of course, Musical Blades and shopping!
What are your favorite shops?  I'm mostly a "window" shopper - alas, I am as broke this year as always.  I like the metal sculpture fountains, the bubbles at T'gr Toggs (spelling?), the soaps...I get overwhelmed with the smells, but I like it for a bites at a time (that sounds like I eat soap...funny).  There is a fabulous face painter who gave my face a purple/blue/green sparkly dragon one year and the mask guy is always so nice, I stay to try them on.  I like playing with the crystal stix and shooting at the archery range.  The wooden mugs place, Tri Canis Nox, charms me as do the hypnospheres sparkly light show.  Lionheart Hat Shop's lady milliner made my favorite floppy points hat.  I like to see what fun she comes up with each year.  I think that's next to the "endless" fountain that they are always trying to "give away."  I want to learn how to contact juggle, so I wish that booth would come back.  Dwarf Mountain Blades has that super-amazing stained glass sign.  I can't think of a shop that I don't like...the closest would be the wax hands - it creeps me out a little, but I like the smell and I like how happy everyone is making them.
What shops do you guys like?  Do you make wax hands?  :P :D

kcdcchef

someone i went to high school with sells ocarenas, and plays them like a pro. fun stuff. Love my lady's chamber soap! AWESOME STUFF!!!!!