News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My Ultimate Camping List

Started by batninja, August 06, 2011, 08:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batninja

Every year, I dig out my tent camping inventory list.  This year, I thought I'd share it with everyone.  I update it every year, adding a few things, taking a few things off.  Here it is, everything but my Ren garb:

It ain't the years, it's the mileage.

Aiacha

Don't forget pillows!  I've also learned that putting something between your sheets and your air mattress helps when it turns cold.  A cheap fleece blanket works really well for this.

batninja

Pillows are on there (second on the loose items list!).  I have an old army wool blanket I usually throw as a 'carpet' for my tent, and underneath the mattress.   :)
It ain't the years, it's the mileage.

Betty Munro

Wow.  Thanks or sharing.  I cut and pasted into a word for future reference in case I ever get to faire camp!

mehan

cheap pantyhose.  Works as a tourniquet.  Have placed a six pack of beer in one to float in the water as a cooler.  Took the place of bike shorts.  Worked as a clothesline.  Doubled as a "do rag" under a hat.  As a bungie cord for trunks or securing baggage on a car.  Makeshift dog leash.  As a food bag to hang from the tree....

Yep would never consider actually wearing the things as they were intended - but they are a great camping multiasker.