News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Renn type activities in St. Louis.

Started by BLAKDUKE, August 07, 2011, 07:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

I have accepted a 1 year contract in St. Louis and was wondering if there are any Renn related activities in the St. Louis area.  The faire is over until neext year, but what about other stuff .  I.E.  smaller faires, feasts, gatherings etc.

The BLAKDUKE
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Actually there is a Pirate Festival on the same site as the Faire running the last three weekends in September.

http://www.renstl.org/main/

Maybe we will see you there.
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

BLAKDUKE

Well it is definitelyin the realm of the possible, but all I have to wear is renn garb, I have never dwelled in Pirate land.  I have developed a personna though as a gentleman pirate forced into piracy by the kings privey council in order to regain my lands and title.   Will that suffice?

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

I'm sure it would. This is not as big an event as STLRF, but it is fun none the less and you'll probably see others not dressed as pirates. Heck one year there was an invasion of Ninja's that all the pirates drove off. Fun watching a 5 year old chase Ninja off.

We'll be there the 2nd weekend. Hope to see you around.
Landshark #58

Bossmare

The Living History Company is a nonprofit membership organization in the St. Louis/St. Charles area with the mission to promote living history and help with re-enactor education and networking.

If you're interested in the performing side of Renn, the LHC has several events in a range of time periods -- Missouri Tartan Days in St. Charles (Scots history through the ages), the Paducah Lowertown Art and Music Festival (characters from all time periods), Civil War Events, Race for the Rivers pirate encampment, Mexico, MO Walk Back in Time (colonial) and the Time Travelers Ball. We're always adding more performance events as well as training days (we just finished cannon training!), sewing workshops, parades and just plain social events.

We're a young organization and still deciding what we want to do, including producing our own events.

Check us out at HistoryIsAlive.org!

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard on August 07, 2011, 11:45:58 PM
I'm sure it would. This is not as big an event as STLRF, but it is fun none the less and you'll probably see others not dressed as pirates. Heck one year there was an invasion of Ninja's that all the pirates drove off. Fun watching a 5 year old chase Ninja off.

We'll be there the 2nd weekend. Hope to see you around.

Cap't Gunnar:

Is this being advertised anywhere.  I do not see any mention made of it on the board, or anywhere in town.

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

I cannot answer for any advertising they may or may not have.

Not being from St. Louis, I only know about it from attending the Renaissance Festival in the spring and from the web site I listed earlier.

Landshark #58

BLAKDUKE

Well the black fortunes of corporate america strikes again.  After 1 week and 2 days Edward Jones decides that they no longer need my services.  They wait until Friday after I have left work to have my account manager call me on the telephone to tell me.  So needless to say I will be headed home next weekend and will not be able to attend the pirate fest.
I'll tell you this is getting to be quite tiresome.  No one it seems can be straight forward anymore and deal face to face with you.  Have fun at the fest.

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Sorry to hear that. May you have better fortune come your way.
Landshark #58

Butch

BLAKDUKE

Well  IIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMM BBBBAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKKK

It seems that where one corporation seems I am worthless, another thinks I am good enough to bring on board.  So I started on Monday the 21st.   Hopefully this contract will be of the 6 - 12 months varietyand will run to physically completed.   Anybody doing renne feasts in the winter around here??????

The BLAKDUKE

BLAKDUKE

Has anyone attended the Royal Dumpe Theatre?  I looked at the website and the one glaring thing I noticed was the absence of price info so I am guessing that it is EXPENSIVE.  Can anyone atest to that one way or the other.

Merlin the Elder

I can't believe I'd never seen this before (The Royal Dumpe). Admittedly, I don't get back home to St Louis very often, but I always go to Laclede's Landing when I go. Next time...drink less, see more...

EDIT: I found the prices, BlakDuke... $24.95 adult, $12.50 kids under 12; tax, gratuity, and drinks extra...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

BLAKDUKE

Yes I found the same.  Finally got ahold of them and a reservation for tonight.  Will rport on same tomorrow.

BLAKDUKE

Well it was an interesting evening  Not to pricey, though the entree portion could be a bit larger, for me anyway.  Good ale.
Lusty wenches,  bad jokes, but all in all a good evening.  I was a bit dismayed by the lack of garbed patrons, I was the only one there.  Mayhap there are enough rennes in there to turn that around.