News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

One of America's Most Wanted pedofile suspects may be at Renaissance Faires

Started by Amyj, June 17, 2008, 05:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poco the Pirate

That's really scary. Last year I started going to work at mnrf by myself. I was 16. Mom was always a little worried about that but that's why Jason doesn't like when I work out of his sight. That guy makes me sick.
You never know when a leperon might attack

irish

Wow.....what is it with people these days? I remember when I took the kids years ago, they are now in their 20's, it was......stay where I can see you, find a red cloak guard or find one of our actor friends. If they even dared to wander off from my sight, they got such a tongue lashing!
No matter where you go these days, one must always be on guard it seems. I hope someone finds this creep.
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Cobaltblu

I read the article a little closer and technically he isn't a pedofile since pedofiles are attracted to pre-pubescent individuals whereas he appears to be attracted to teenage girls (he also said he wanted to have 75 children with each female).  Of course that isn't much consolation however I wouldn't be too worried about attending a faire since it's unlikely that he would try to kidnap someone in an open air environment with thousands of people (he appears from the article to try to seduce these girls).

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

Synikul

Quote from: Cobaltblu on June 21, 2008, 10:37:17 AM
I read the article a little closer and technically he isn't a pedofile since pedofiles are attracted to pre-pubescent individuals whereas he appears to be attracted to teenage girls (he also said he wanted to have 75 children with each female).  Of course that isn't much consolation however I wouldn't be too worried about attending a faire since it's unlikely that he would try to kidnap someone in an open air environment with thousands of people (he appears from the article to try to seduce these girls).

Regards,

CB

I was flippant in my first post in this thread without explaining why, but you did it for me. This guy isn't one of the "grab 'em and rape 'em at gunpoint" types. His act requires the girl to be stupid. Any of the teenage girls in this thread want to admit to being a moron?

The article doesn't mention the age of the victims, but he's being charged in Oregon, which has one of the strictest laws in America on age of consent, anything under 18 is a crime. In most states it's 16. I googled it and found this...

http://www.coolnurse.com/consent.htm

This topic is important to me because of my crew pictured below. One of them is my stepdaughter, the rest are her friends. All turned 19 this year, except for one that will turn 20 during the fair we work later, but I've been one of the chaperones of them since they were 16, and I promised all their parents that the only way anyone would hurt them is if they step over my bloody corpse to do it.

Two of those girls only go for guys around their own age, but the other three won't even look twice at a guy unless he's at least 8-10 years older. Last year two of them literally stalked an employee of one of the other vendors until he noticed them, and it turned out that he's 2 years younger than me. It's kind of difficult to get pissed at a guy when he was just minding his own business prior to being stalked by girls half his age. Thankfully, even if he had been trying to form a Celtic Commune, those girls aren't stupid enough to participate in such a thing, they knew exactly what they were doing, and why they were doing it. I know because I talked to them about it.

And people wonder why I'm going grey and balding at 40. ;D

Depending on the individual personalities of the teenage girls in your own care, this might make you cut them loose, or tighten the leash, depending on your estimation of whether or not they are morons.

Quote from: Charlotte RowanGreat. Just what we need, this pervert hanging around Ren Faires being a pedophile and giving Rennies a bad name. Hopefully they catch him soon.

That's the worst part of this. They already think we're all a bunch of pot smoking hippies. Stupid paytrons will think "OMG, I'm not taking my daughter there!", but then they'll probably let her go and hang out unsupervised at a mall on the same Saturday after they cancel their plans for the fair. ???

Count Adolfo

I think it's never a bad idea to have the knowledge of who is potentially a threat.
The ability to recognize the people who have been arrested for lascivious acts or violent acts...
that's a great tool for us 'normal' rennies who want to keep our community safe.