News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Living History

Started by daggrim, August 08, 2011, 10:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daggrim

After reading the posts about how it can be tough putting away the garb, and going back to the mundane world, I began to wonder if anybody out there has ever considered starting a Living History group.  Joining an existing one works only if there's one in your area, and I know the SCA would provide plenty of off-season activity, too.  But I'm thinking about something different from rennies or SCAdians. 
It'd be hard enough to start up ANY kind of club, even if there was a bunch of interested people, but probably impossible if there was nobody else around.  Thoughts?
Daggrim
A merry heart has a continual feast.

Captain Dungcaster

It may even be possible for faire cast's to hold a "culture workshop" once or twice per year to share their knowledge of "Life in them 1500's" to many of us who enjoy garbing up and legging it around the shire. I know many folks who are cast members at Faires have spent countless hours researching thier characters. These workshops could include topics such as character building. Garbing for "Renaissance" time period. Social etiqute and many other topics.
"Fantasy Football, Dungeons & Dragons for Jocks"
I.B.R.S.C #1068.