News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Of Ren faires and romance..

Started by Capt. William Drake, June 28, 2011, 10:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapier Half-Wit

Well, as it's coming from Elo, yeah, I'd have to say that it is a good thing. If it came from Nasty, no, that wouldn't be such a good thing.   ;D  :D
If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...

Merlin the Elder

I'll keep that in mind, Rapier... Nasty, don't let the earring fool ya.  ;)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Welsh Wench

I had a former friend that found his main squeeze at faire.

Of course, he dumped his wife in the process.

And he wonders why someone kicked dirt at him at faire. No, it wasn't me....
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

kcdcchef

I can honestly say I did NOT meet my wife at Faire, however I have completely indoctrinated her in it. She looks forward to the food, the shows, the humor, and all of it each and every fall. And it is VERY romantic to us both!

Bahlien

I must say I envy those of you who have significant others who have embraced fair. Even more so for those of you who have found someone AT fair.  I also wish you well, and many more years together all of you.  Maybe some day I can join that "club".

"Always with the negative waves, Always with the negative waves. Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful."

Orphena

My husband and I met online, but Faire was involved! I put together a profile, including pictures of me in garb (since faire is so important to me, I wanted my future man to know what he was getting in to...), and he thought it looked creative and intriguing...

I started making him garb, dragged him off to faires, and he stuck around...

He proposed at Casa Loma Renaissance Festival,

With a friend doing crowd control so we could have privacy, a friend taking pictures, and a friend playing on a hostorical guitar. It was very romantic.

We honeymooned at St. Louis Faire, and had a wonderful reception - the queen herself wished us joy, and we were invited to the royal pavilion of the jousting! We continue to participate in as many faires as we can, acting as a couple at our local faires!
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

maeven

Orphena, that is so sweet! You guys look great!
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor