News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What do you enjoy most at the faire?

Started by Baron Frederick, August 14, 2011, 07:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Frederick

I just wondered what other people enjoy most at faire, is it the food,the drinks,the atmosphere of the whole thing,or maybe just the whole people watching thing?
Baron Frederick

Rogue Hidesmith

For me it's getting to play dress up and run around with my friends and not get weird looks from passer-bys :)
If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

Betty Munro

Getting garbed up.  Shopping for weapons.  Making friends with other playtrons.  Shopping for weapons.  Bagpipes and drums.  Garb-watching.  Shopping for weapons. 

Bahlien

Getting into Garb, and being asked by patrons "Do you work here?". 

But really, the all around atmosphere. It enables people-watching, but at the same time enables interaction. Music brings dancing (My favorite part).  Making witty remarks to passers-by, and getting smiles. Not getting odd looks for wearing a sword... and a dagger or three. 
"Always with the negative waves, Always with the negative waves. Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful."

Magpie Flynn

Garbing up, being ridiculous with my friends, and interacting with others.

<Alex>

I'm a simple person.  Nothing like a cold drink in one hand, a hot turkey leg in the other, my wife by my side, and an entertaining show.  

I rented a costume last year (out of curiosity) and despite some awkward first-timer attempts at interacting with other patrons and the cast, I had a really fun time. I plan on garbing up this year, which should hopefully add a new level of enjoyment. Simply researching and collecting all the pieces has been a little adventure in and of itself.

Member of Clan Phoneix Risen
<Scarletnyx's Husband>
<Carrier of the Bags>
<Smoker of the Hookah>
<The Quiet One>

Lady Rebecca

Getting garbed up and listening to all the music/acts. And if there's dancing, that's usually my favorite. :)

DonaCatalina

Getting garbed up, renewing old friendships and making new ones, enjoying the performers and just generally soaking up the atmosphere. Just for a short time I can forget daily life and all its stresses.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

maeven

Dressing up, meeting new people, the weather (because TRF is during Fall, which is my favorite season), the smells (the smell of smoke makes me smile sometimes because it reminds me of faire), the general good mood that everyone has, being able to forget about what happened at work the week before, the shows, the food (don't get me started! lol...) and just being able to let loose and have fun, which is sometimes hard to do anywhere else! :)
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

crazyrennie

As others have said-garbing up seeing friends-
Being Stage crew-working with birds of prey

Crazy

Norfolk

Quote from: DonaCatalina on August 15, 2011, 05:01:37 AM
Getting garbed up, renewing old friendships and making new ones, enjoying the performers and just generally soaking up the atmosphere.

Ditto, and well said, Marquesa.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Grouser

I'm rather new to faires so I haven't experienced the entire garb aspect and I've only met a small handful of folks but for me, it was the entire atmosphere... the stepping out of the mundane and into (what to me) is the fantastical... the sights, the sounds, the smells, the people... it was like I found a place where I could forget all the troubles and drudgery of my life in the modern world and just let go. Or something like that.  ;D

Mairte

The garb is probably my favorite, but only just beyond enjoying the rest of the whole fair experience. :)

Adriana Rose

Costumes! My friends and getting to play with all the little kids that think its all real, I love the look of awe on their faces. Oh and dont forget the EPIC hugs

scarletnyx

I love to experience new sensations - be that new goods that are crafted with love from vendors,foods I have never seen before ( This board has me craving apple pie porridge and scottish eggs ), performances that are so close to the audience, anything!

I know that meeting new friends will soon be on that list!  ;D
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen