News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What do you enjoy most at the faire?

Started by Baron Frederick, August 14, 2011, 07:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NelleMoorley

The people at faire - the friendships really do become something deeper than I've had before. We're a family. :)

And dressing up and getting to be someone else for a while is nice, too!

Nelle Moorley

Glaodian

The vendors, the people, the food, and the food.  Did I mention the food?

Even the mundanes are fun to watch sometimes.   :D
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

Aniroaldawen

Quote from: NelleMoorley on August 16, 2011, 12:54:06 PM
The people at faire - the friendships really do become something deeper than I've had before. We're a family. :)

And dressing up and getting to be someone else for a while is nice, too!

/\ This, exactly. I'm constantly amazed at the warmth, open arms and love from my fairemly. I've met so many people I love to death and would do almost anything for, just because we happen to be rennies. Without the people, faire would just be a bunch of buildings and tents. :-)

lady M

Eating, drinking, the shows. being all garbed up. The fire works at the end of the evening. The walk back to the campsite to spend the evening with fairemily. Sharing a meal, drink, laughter, telling stories, and music. Making new life long friends as your taking a stroll around the campsite. Faire is the best.

Zardoz

Seeing friends old and new, Music, and general people watching...
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Baron Frederick

I was thinking when I started this,that people watching might be the answer. But then I realized that it is the whole atmosphere of the Faire or as some have put it, just home.
Baron Frederick

Sir Michael Geare

What I enjoy most is the overall atmosphere of faire, the interaction with all the patrons who walk through the gates and the company of good friends some of which you only see at faire.
'The exercising of weapons puts away aches, griefs, and diseases, it
increases strength, and sharpens the wits.'

brooke

The feeling of walking out of my mundane world and into something more fun.  That includes most of the things listed (especially wearing my garb), but my favorite moment is that first step inside the front gates :)

Niennis

Premiering a new costume! I love the first batch of reactions that I get when I display my newest creation. That's really why I do it, it's a natural high that nothing else can touch!
Hey, why not?

Jack Daw at Work

Going to TRF at Halloween.  EVERYONE is in costume or period wear!
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

az

my favorite part is getting to be me for a few weekends instead of the mundane person i have to be every other day. And camping and meeting people
queen of clan Fukitol
member of Rogue Society
princess of gypsies under Queen Risa
member of clan Whimsy