News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Long Bow Competition

Started by Bohdi, August 14, 2011, 10:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bohdi

Curious.  I read an add for the MN Renaissance Festival today and under the coupon for tickets it had a list of events to register for.  The one I am interested in is the longbow competition.  I went to the site but the options are a map or this forum.
Any help on finding out about registration would be very appreciated.
Glad to see there is a site for the festival.
Will look around here more.
Thanks

groomporter

On the "promotions" page it says "Free festival admission ticket with competition registration. " I'd try contacting the office (952) 445 - 7361 or info@renaissancefest.com about registering since I don't see anything on the website to register
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

SleepyArcher

I was in it last year. there is a spot on the website to get the form and them mail it in. You will have your tickets at will call for the day(s) you shoot. It's super fun!
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Scooter Trash

Sleepy,

Do you know where they will be holding it this year.  Same place as the last few years?  I heard that area was gravel pit now.

Prince Thomas

Dang... missed the deadline! I just competed for the 2nd time ever and tied for 3rd out of about 20 people this weekend. Would have LOVED to give this a whirl. There's always next year I guess!
Feared Pirate-Capt. Oliver "Clothesoff" McGillicuddy
Romantic Musketeer-Pascal Lemaire
Handsome Royalty-Prince Thomas

Will Gamwell

Quote from: Scooter Trash on August 21, 2011, 07:27:34 PM
Sleepy,

Do you know where they will be holding it this year.  Same place as the last few years?  I heard that area was gravel pit now.

Unless I am mistaken, I believe the "new" special events area will be down by A-Gate (the Grove in the parking lot).  Although I am not entirely sure.

SleepyArcher

Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Random Girl

Quote from: Will Scarlet on August 25, 2011, 09:42:39 AM
Quote from: Scooter Trash on August 21, 2011, 07:27:34 PM
Sleepy,

Unless I am mistaken, I believe the "new" special events area will be down by A-Gate (the Grove in the parking lot).  Although I am not entirely sure.

You are indeed correct.  It wasn't for the first weekend because they hadn't finished the gateing to keep people out of the 800 comm area but that *should* be done for this weekend.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Scooter Trash

Great!!

I have been practicing so hard.  I'm almost ready.

Will Gamwell

So did anyone happen to venture over to the Special Events area?  How was it?

There has been talk for the past few years amongst the Merry Men about competing in the competition.  Or at the very least making an appearance.  However they have a knack for scheduling it during one of the stage shows.

Scooter Trash

It lasts for a couple hours.  Swing by and check it out.

Leyla

The special events area is a bit hidden. Thank goodness for all the signs or everyone would miss it if they weren't specifically searching for it.
There's LOTS more shade than the old setup which is nice. Unfortunately they didn't do anything to prep the grounds so the area is incredibly uneven to walk on.