News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Parking and Passes

Started by Random Girl, August 17, 2011, 11:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random Girl

I'm putting my Safety Services hat on for a second because I've been asked a very important question that I know the answer to.

PARKING!!
Because of Osha regulations absolutely positively NO ONE is to park down in the pit this year.  If you park down there your car will be gone by the time you get back to it.  Don't be dumb.
Parking will be back behind the campground in what I assume is the cleared out area behind the Tortuga stage but don't quote me.
YOU CANNOT WALK TO SITE FROM THE NEW PARKING AREA.  YOU MUST SHUTTLE! The shuttle will run to C gate and B gate ONLY! I do not as of yet know how long it will run on a daily basis and when they start on Friday or stop on Sunday.  Also filed under Not My Problem. (Wow, not being on nights means a lot of stuff gets filed under NMP)
I don't know how many people can fit back there or what they intend to do if they overfill.  That gets filed under "Not My Problem"
Parking passes: unless you have one of the spanky I Can Park Anywhere passes just assume you are going to be parking in the new parking area.  As for Friday night unloading on site, well I am no longer night crew and this too gets filed under Not My Problem.

PASSES!!!
If you are a participant and you do not A) have a CURRENT plastic pass or B) you use a paper pass daily, you MUST go to C gate or B gate to get a paper pass.  Or go to B gate and get a new plastic one.  SS is cracking down on people going through the gates without having a pass.  You will be asked to go AROUND the outside of the site to C gate or B gate to get a paper pass.  It is best advised just to start your day at one of those places.  This INCLUDES FIRST SATURDAY!.  We will not accept the excuse of "well they haven't given me one yet."  Go get a paper pass and try again. If you are using a paper pass and lose it at some point during the day you had better boogie back to B gate and get a new one before the end of the day or you WILL go out through the front gate and that will suck for you.

This crackdown is brought to you by the letter M for MANAGEMENT and the letter E for we are just the ENFORCERS, don't be jerks and tell your friends not to be jerks either.

/SS hat off
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Muffin

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

MissBubu

Can we get from parking to the campground?

Random Girl

I don't honestly know at this point, but if the new parking area is where I think it is then yes you should be able to get to the campground from the parking area and vice versa.
~~Nessa~~

Kiss-me-Kate

That is too bad they can't let us park in the pit.   Kinda seems like a waste of space. 
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Muffin

OOohhhHHH I wonder if this means the busses won't be cutting (roaring) through the campground in the morning?! That would be way awesome to sleep in past shuttle bus o'clock!!

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

MissBubu

Quote from: Random Girl on August 17, 2011, 01:32:50 PM
I don't honestly know at this point, but if the new parking area is where I think it is then yes you should be able to get to the campground from the parking area and vice versa.

As long as I can drop my stuff off, and get back to the campground after parking, I have no issues with the change in parking location. I was one of those people that didn't mind parking in the pit. The ground was much more level, and with people directing us on where to park, I was never blocked in by asshats.

Kiss-me-Kate

Quote from: MissBubu on August 17, 2011, 03:08:05 PM
Quote from: Random Girl on August 17, 2011, 01:32:50 PM

As long as I can drop my stuff off, and get back to the campground after parking, I have no issues with the change in parking location. I was one of those people that didn't mind parking in the pit. The ground was much more level, and with people directing us on where to park, I was never blocked in by asshats.

I agree.  I didn't mind parking in the pit either.  Hopefully, this situation will be set up similar.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Random Girl

The reason for this is that OSHA (they regulate workplace safety if you weren't aware) has decreed that no one is allowed to walk in the pit without a hardhat on.  This does not mean that you can park in the pit if you bring your own hard hat (this was actually brought up in the SS meeting).

Waste of space sure but I totally get the reasoning behind it.
~~Nessa~~

saphire_glade

Quote from: Random Girl on August 17, 2011, 04:02:51 PM
The reason for this is that OSHA (they regulate workplace safety if you weren't aware) has decreed that no one is allowed to walk in the pit without a hardhat on.  This does not mean that you can park in the pit if you bring your own hard hat (this was actually brought up in the SS meeting).

Waste of space sure but I totally get the reasoning behind it.

Dang I was actually just thinking that. I have a safety vest, hearing protection, and the steal toe shoes to complete the safety gear, and if need be I have a respirator I can put on and somewhere I am sure I have safety goggles *I totally love that work provides me with all the cool looking ppe*

Thanks for the update. I hope that the MRF office will put out something more definitive for us... as wow... nothing like leaving that till the last minute, since as cast I think maybe they would tell us before we all just park down there without thinking...
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

auntiegiggles

I agree with previous statements....I don't care where I park.  I do hope they have someone directing people where to park to avoid issues....but we will have to wait til Saturday to find that out
Everything goes better with giggles

Jon Hanslow

Quote from: auntiegiggles on August 17, 2011, 04:25:01 PM
I agree with previous statements....I don't care where I park.  I do hope they have someone directing people where to park to avoid issues....but we will have to wait til Saturday to find that out
*praying for a miracle* LOL
Jon Hanslow of The Cabin Boys!
www.facebook.com/thecabinboysrf - LIKE us on Facebook!

AJ in "The other village"

William_MacKean

I guess we can't get on site at 3am when we are off work and able to...

This will not work well.  I hope they figure something out, like a path behind Witchwood or something.

groomporter

Does make a certain amount of sense with the potential danger of falling rocks from the walls of the pit.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Random Girl

Quote from: William_MacKean on August 17, 2011, 06:12:21 PM
I guess we can't get on site at 3am when we are off work and able to...

This will not work well.  I hope they figure something out, like a path behind Witchwood or something.

As of yet no one knows what the shuttle schedule will be.  Speculating like this is only going to cause more people to freak out uneccessarily. No one thought parking in the pit would work out either and most people liked it in the end.

~~Nessa~~