News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

It's here.....

Started by Muffin, September 07, 2011, 09:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Nicolette

I'm not suggesting that anyone isn't generally clean enough, but it can be difficult at Faire to wash your hands enough, the biggest spreader of general ick...Having worked in a grocery store, I know this to be true.  Don't forget to wash your hands a lot!  You can carry extra hand sanitizer and it's easy to use, just be mindful to use it a lot.  Not period correct, but no one wants the plague in any era!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Kiss-me-Kate

I am soooo glad we have our handwashing station at our booth.  I wash my hand a lot anyways, but out there I do it much more.

~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Marietta Graziella

Quote from: Kiss-me-Kate on September 11, 2011, 09:33:05 PM
I am soooo glad we have our handwashing station at our booth.  I wash my hand a lot anyways, but out there I do it much more.

Absolutely! We couldn't do our job without that hand washing station. SOOO glad we set that up.  Well, actually, I think it was you Kate. So, thanks!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Lady Nicolette

Yeah working with leather, some color does end up on your hands, especially with the laces. 
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Muffin

Totally agree with the handwashing!! We have a station at the soda booth connected to us, and I try to use it whenever I can, but with the amount of germy money, and other things that go through my hands everyday its no wonder we end up sick...  :P

The crud is getting better and I am crossing my fingers that by this weekend I will be back to normal happy Muffin!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

groomporter

Jac from the campground said part of it's the dry weather, but also dust blown around from the pit when it's windy making it even worse.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Genta

yea i got some crap in my throat and nose that ive still been coughing on and off today ....

when i got home yesterday and washed my hands.... so much sand/dirt.  and my feet, despite having normal shoes and socks on were smothered in dirt.  and i was just there half a day sunday! 
Capt. Bacardi--- "a long wet one up here, it will not quit"
Gauwyn of Bracknell-- "M'Lady likes the bangers"

Sitara

I'm pretty sure my lungs are at least half full of dust.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Kiss-me-Kate

MG-
You started the handwashing station.  I just brought my camp shower out to leave out there because I knew you actually use yours when you camp. 

And Sitara, I hear ya.  Nothing like the Black Lung we are all going to get this year.   :P
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!