News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Please pick Bristol for the next Rendezvous

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, August 20, 2011, 08:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildthingjew

Quote from: Grouser on August 20, 2011, 09:02:27 AM
Any idea what the camping options are there?

Edit: A quick Google search turns up Happy Acres Kampground a mere 13 miles (23 minutes) away, Chain O'Lakes State Park campground at 17 miles (35 minutes) away (alcohol prohibited, for those that care about such things) and the nearest KOA is Chicago NW at approximately 50 miles (about an hour and a half) away.

my midget and i stay at bong, which if you are from out of state need sticker which is 35 and site i believe is 14, which we stay in our car so not sure what it is for a site with electric, about 14 miles away, now we have started stayin in a small hotel 4 exits down the road from bristol which if you pay cash for 2 people is 40 in one the older section of the hotel or 45 if charged or 5 dollars for each extra person, or 50 cash for the new section, which i have never stay in but have friends that stay in the new section for the 2 beds.
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Lady Renee Buchanan

I touched base with my Cruise Director, and she confirmed that the 2 closest camp grounds are Happy Acres and Bong, both which have already been mentioned here.

I can go into greater details, if requested, but Happy Acres has sites with no electricity, sites with 2 different types of electricity.  I am doing this from memory, the notes are upstairs, the computer is down, but I think that's what it says.  They also have cabins.

As mentioned before, there are no camping clans that I know of.  I asked around at Bristol, since we live 3 hours away, I don't have the local knowledge that others living in the area do, and everyone local I spoke with confirmed that there aren't any clans per say.  Although sometimes groups of friends go for the weekend and camp in a group, but there's nothing organized.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Capt Spleen

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Capt Spleen on October 11, 2011, 06:33:29 PM
Hotels, Motels, and Campgrounds per the Bristol faire website:

http://www.renfair.com/bristol/information/hotels.asp

Thank you so much, Cpat. Spleen, for posting this.  Let's hope the RenDezvous happens at Bristol, and many people can use this!     ;D
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Capt Spleen

Seven stages, 10 pubs, and 2 lakes..... Check out the Bristol Faire site map........

http://www.renfair.com/bristol/thefaire/map.asp

Ms Trish

I know I'm looking forward to checking out Bristol some day...
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Lady Spicer

Ms Trish,

The third weekend is usually the weekend the royal guard and wives go as well.  It has also been the weekend of the costume contests for the last 2 years.

Its beautiful grounds, has a nice bakery and lots of jewelry shopping.  The only thing is to be prepared for hot weather - and humid weather!  Friends of Faire has lots of water/gaterade to keep you going.

And, we typically go to the fest that weekend or earlier.  And we stay at the Country Inn and Suites!

You know me, that's my idea of camping!
Lady "Cinnamon" Spicer
Baroness of Worchester
Kimberly Grandprey
MN Renaissance Court

Lady Renee Buchanan

Due to weather concerns - really so awful this past year in July, people dropped like flies, and other commitments, we are looking at changing the M'Crack Family Gathering to a weekend date in August.

If so, then the date that we would be able to host the RenDezvous would change to the same weekend.  I'm waiting on finalities and then will post if the date does change.

Hopefully, if it does change, this will allow even MORE folks to visit our beautiful shire.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Ms Trish

I know Labor Day isn't until September, but NOT Labor Day weekend, pretty pretty please! (If it's selected and all that, of course)
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Lady Renee Buchanan

If Bristol is chosen for the RenDezvous, it will not be Labor Day weekend.

The new dates we have chosen are for August 25th and 26th, 2012.  The M'Crack Family Gathering - open to everyone, and everyone welcomed - will be held at that time, so it would be wonderful to have the RenDezvous at the same time.

The more, the merrier!

On the plus side as well, the weather should be better than the blistering heat of July, which means you can wear garb that you wouldn't dream of wearing a month before, because you would probably pass out from the heat then.

Please vote for Bristol for RenDezvous!    ;D
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Capt Spleen

Just to clarify Renee, there is no voting this year........ but support is always welcome.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Capt Spleen on October 17, 2011, 11:41:31 AM
Just to clarify Renee, there is no voting this year........ but support is always welcome.

Yes, thank you, Capt Spleen, that is correct.  We don't vote, but any measure of support for Bristol may help to show the Mods how many people do want to visit Bristol and that we really, really, really would like the 2012 RenDezvous to be held at Bristol.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Lady Renee Buchanan

In the past, we have been able to get tickets for between $7 to $10 through a local radio station. 

We will try to get these again this year for the group if they are offered and if Bristol is chosen for the RenDezvous.  Won't know until closer to the season, but if they aren't available, I have already discussed some kind of discount with Bristol's owner in our last meeting together.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Lady De Rue Rue

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on October 26, 2011, 07:13:46 PM
In the past, we have been able to get tickets for between $7 to $10 through a local radio station. 

We will try to get these again this year for the group if they are offered and if Bristol is chosen for the RenDezvous.  Won't know until closer to the season, but if they aren't available, I have already discussed some kind of discount with Bristol's owner in our last meeting together.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to add on to the subject of the ticket prices at Bristol.  The weekend of Thanksgiving they usually have a special on tickets which is adult tickets are $10 a piece but, I am not sure what the kid ticket prices are.  Children under four years of age are free.

You may want to check their web site on Black Friday, November 25, 2011 to see what holiday specials they are running.

http://renfair.com/bristol/

Blushing

Well, Bristol has been on my list of faires to visit for a rather long time.  And special anniversary years are always even more fun.  ;D
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~