News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

La Paloma Hats now at KCRF!

Started by gem, September 04, 2011, 09:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

It's always so exciting to see new garb vendors at our fair, and it's been a *long* time! They don't have a huge amount of stock, but it was fun looking through it. Does anyone here have one of their hats? How do you like it?

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

La Paloma Hats are everywhere at Bristol and Minnesota. They are well made hats.

But 2 years ago, I talked with the owner, Pam, at the Bristol Faire about where she gets the better quality Buckram she uses for her hats. She knows who I am and was very reluctant to tell me where she orders her Millinery stuff from because she was afraid that I would compete with her. I assured Pam that I do make Hats by hand for myself, but that I also make Custom Period Clothing that the Hats go with. If I just did hats, yes, that I would be in competition with her.

When I mentioned to Pam that there are many other vendors who specialize in Period Hats like Fyne Hats by Felicity and others, and that she does not have the Hat Market cornered. She then told me where I could go. I thanked her for the refference and said adieu. I have not had the opportunity to speak  with her since.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Delireus

That is exciting to see new garb vendors here :) I remember someone suggested to Damsel in this Dress to come to KCRF and she said that while she had always wanted to, the festival hasn't allowed new garb vendors in 15 years! What?!

Anyways, I'm excited to check them out. Sorry you had a bad experience Lady Kathleen :/
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is