News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wearing your hair inside your snood

Started by gem, August 21, 2011, 02:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

Milord got a nice photo of the back of my head on the day I wore my little beaded caul from etsy:

The hairstyle ended up being really easy, but it had several steps to it (harder to explain it than do it!): The sides of the hair are pulled back around a pearled double headband, and the rest of the length is put up in a donut bun, covering the ends of the twists. The caul slips over the bun and is pinned in place with hairpins.

I found that the donut-style bun was, for me, the critical element. I needed the structure of the nice firm, round bun to keep the caul filled out and shaped nicely. I have one of those mesh/tulle donuts you can buy to fill out the bun, but it was actually a little too large for the caul I'd purchased (although she'll make custom sizes; just measure your hair/bun), so what's in that bun is all my natural hair.

I was really pleased with how it looked, and got several compliments on it... but the headband really pinched (I've never been able to wear headbands), so I need an alternative for that part.