News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Say it isn't so.....

Started by Elkyn, August 23, 2011, 12:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyJessica

Taken from Diana F. on facebook.  If I can find a pic I'll post it as well.

In case you have not heard, the familiy has been contacted & the name has been released on the noon news.  Will Ross was the lost gamekeeper from Scarby and a very sweet man!! You may remember him as one of the pickle guys.

His sister, Marie Tucker, has posted the following:
"A beautiful but sad thing about grief is that it brings thoughts of the heart to the surface. The news of my my brother's passing is spreading quite fast. I want everyone to know that his biological family's thoughts and prayers are with those of his extended family, whom I know, he loved you guys with his whole heart. Thank you for loving and taking care of him as you have."
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

irish

Many hugs and prayers.....from Sterling to our sister faire! So sorry to learn about the fire.
Your friend and his family. will be in our thought and prayer.
Blessings, to you all....

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

lady M

So very tragic to hear about Will Ross. He will be missed. Sending prayers to his family.

Merlin the Elder

I guess the WFAA website has made it's quota for the day and isn't posting any more information. When you find out, please let me know where I can send some flowers or if a memorial is preferred, then that info. Thank you.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

DonaCatalina

I'm pretty sure that Lys or Marga will keep us posted.
Thank you for posting the words from his sister.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Queen Bonnie

So sad and sorry for the loss of Will Ross. He was a favorite of mine. The would is a sadder place without him.  :(
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

raevyncait

Also, Scarby lost another family member in the past few days, when a booth worker was found shot in his apartment in Arlington

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/08/22/3305553/man-in-his-20s-found-fatally-shot.html

That's 3 now, just this summer...
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: raevyncait on August 23, 2011, 04:07:24 PM
Also, Scarby lost another family member in the past few days, when a booth worker was found shot in his apartment in Arlington

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/08/22/3305553/man-in-his-20s-found-fatally-shot.html

That's 3 now, just this summer...

This planet needs a reboot... just too much crap going south...

Queen Bonnie

I agree! Today was a very strange day.  too much bad going on- not even a full moon to blame it on!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Merlin the Elder

I'm raising a glass to the memory of Will, and to the young man that Raevyncait mentioned.

..a swift journey to the other side, gentlemen...

MrHyde

I would be willing to bet the Stalkwell's have a picture of Will Ross.  It is tragic to hear of loss.  My family just started attending Scarborough this year and my children fell in love with it.  I have to admit I personally ate the Fish and Chips over there 2 times this year.

Will, Tyna and the other gentleman lost this summer we will see you at the Eternal Faire on the other side.
Home Faire - Texas Renaissance Festival
Frequent - Scarborough, Four Winds, Sherwood, and Middlefaire as well.

Aaroncois

A very moving tribute and a picture have been posted on Facebook.

MrHyde

I believe this is Will Ross. 

He has a page on myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/renmaniac
Home Faire - Texas Renaissance Festival
Frequent - Scarborough, Four Winds, Sherwood, and Middlefaire as well.

Clarendon

I must say I will miss Will very much. Each day that I would first see him at faire he would tip his hat make a dramatic bow and then come up to me and say while shaking my hand, "Welcome home sir." We have truly lost one of the many sparks that ignites the magic we all know as Scarborough Faire. Rest in peace my friend, Rest in peace.
I took this shot of Will 3rd weekend Scarby 2008.

Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

Brother Gregory

Being a Rennie myself I know how everyone feels. Our faire lost a good friend and character this year also. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of everyone lost at Scarborough this summer. Also mu thoughts and prayers go out to the firefighter's and vendor's who lost boothes.