News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

13th Annual Celtic Festival & Highland Games of the Quad Cities

Started by Rowan MacD, August 26, 2011, 09:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

In Davenport, Ia.    We have to skip the last weekend of DMRF like last year, but we have taken on another Clan to represent.  
 Clan Cochrane will be welcomed at the Clan Davidson tent.   We are working on getting the decorations/tartans to be added to the Davidson display.

http://www.celtichighlandgames.org/

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Nighthawk

My living history group is such a boon to the midwest Celtic festival scene that I wish we could be a part of these smaller, newer festivals in other regions. They're so much fun because we actually feel like our presence and hard work is appreciated. This festival sounds like so much fun! Please take lots of pictures and show them to us if you would be so kind!

***EDIT*** Just looked closer at the website. It's not the 3rd! It's the 13th!! So it's not all that new- but it does sound like fun!!

Rowan MacD

Well blow me down  :o. (I changed the thread subject)
  I asked my hubby and he said this is the 2nd or 3rd in this location on the Iowa side.   Apparently it was held in a park just across the river until recently.  
  Quad cities is still a pretty good size for a Celtic fest.  Kansas City (we were there too)  is about the same size as far as dance/band competitions and and athletics,  but they have a lot more clan participation than Quad cities, so it looks bigger.
  It's so much fun setting up your tent and trying to one up the next guy  ;D, and the bonny knees contest is a howl.  They have been getting a few more vendors each year (mmmm hot Pastys) and it was very well attended in 2010 in spite of the rain.  BTW the forecast is partly cloudy and pleasant, high of 68.
IWG wench #3139 

Nighthawk

Rowan, you and I are gearin' up!! Ain't it great- the anticipation? And my tent is the one that people are always trying to one up. Not to brag or nothin'...  8)

Here's a picture!

I like to share. Hey Rowan- make sure to take lots of pictures of your festival. I want to see what it was like. I'll take plenty from ours, too. Have fun!!

Rowan MacD

The festival was very well attended!  Once I get the pics hosted on photobucket I'll get a few over here.  Our clan tent was facing the sheaf toss and weight-over bars. 
   Chris Davis (yay, clan member) placed first in A class with a sheaf toss of 29 ft.  His personal best prior to that was 27! Caber toss was interrupted by a broken caber (go easy on the timber lads!) 
  Weather was gorgeous with a high of 70 and sunny.  I expect the next stop fro the athletics circuit will be Sherwood?  These guys are great this year!
IWG wench #3139