News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Please pick Carolina Renaissance Festival for the 2012 Rendezvous

Started by Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia, August 28, 2011, 07:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hibernian

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on September 15, 2011, 11:09:31 AM
A number of the acts are regulars at Scarby...quite familiar with them! If Carolina is chosen (my current favourite of the nominees), I will need to know the schedule for Cast in Bronze, as I will wish to be at the other end of the grounds. I know everyone else loves the act, but I just find it to be way too far out-of-place at Ren faires.

Easily done as Cast in Bronze is on one end of the site leaving plenty of room, stages and beverages out of earshot.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Lairde Guardn

The Microtel is very clean and caters to the Renn Faire crowd....we get excellent rates every year....and there are also a good half dozen other hotels/motels in the immediate area......

Plenty of fine restaurants, well known chains and fast food places within walking distance of the motels......

Very easy and short drive from the motels to the faire and return.....

Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Hibernian

Quote from: Lairde Guardn MCrack on October 10, 2011, 11:48:20 PM
The Microtel is very clean and caters to the Renn Faire crowd....we get excellent rates every year....and there are also a good half dozen other hotels/motels in the immediate area......

Plenty of fine restaurants, well known chains and fast food places within walking distance of the motels......

Very easy and short drive from the motels to the faire and return.....

The Microtel is an easy 3 miles from The Galway Hooker Pub which serves as the Friday night Meet-n-Greet location. An excellent menu, good adult beverage selection, and usually has live music on Friday evenings.

Hibernian

During this past weekend's visit to Fairhaven, while enjoying my first Guinness of the morning I had the opportunity to converse with Lady Mikayla regarding RenDezvous, dates and weather.

We have now completed our first two weekends and the weather have been marvelous. Clear blue skies (what else in Carolina), an occasional breeze and temperatures in the mid 70's. As I pulled into the driveway about 7:00pm the temperature was a very pleasant 70 degrees. Just right for sitting outside and enjoying an end of day pint or two. Its not hard to imagine everyone enjoying themselves all day in Fairhaven and then gathering that evening on the porch at the pub to share a few drinks and tell a few tales.

Lady Mikayla also pointed out the other advantage of going early at Fairhaven is our opening weekend special of two adults for one. In these times of troubled purses, a twofer deal can be a big help. Its not for me to say "when" should CRF be chosen as the "where", but it is something to consider.

If I were you, I'd come to Fairhaven now for a site visit, the gates are open, join us!

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Hibernian

Quote from: renfairephotog on October 17, 2011, 06:05:25 PM
hey got pics? show us the festival.

I'll work on that. In the meantime, anyone with access to Facebook, take a look at RenPix. Several collections of great pictures from this season already. I particularly like the monk and lady on the cover of one of the albums.

renfairephotog

Fairy photographer

Hibernian

Lady Mikayla who is serving as lead on this proposal has suggested that were CRF chosen as the 2012 site, the beginning of our season would be a wise choice especially with opening weekend's traditional 2 for the price of 1 adult tickets.

Weather and the temperature is always a point of discussion, this year at CRF the first Saturday was clear, sunny and an official high of 73 degrees. The second Saturday was clear, sunny and an official high of 75 degrees. Excellent weather for garb of all types from everywhere!  ;D

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Thank-thee Hibernian for all of your most wondermous assistance!  Yes, RenPix does a fantastic job of capturing the essence that is the lovely shire of the Carolina Renaissance Festival.  I spoke with management this weekend.  They are very excited at the idea of possibly hosting us for 2012 Rendezvous!  They have assured me the first weekend of Faire shall be 2 for 1 again opening weekend 2012.  They did advise me that since 2012 is a leap year... it will move our Faire to start the very first weekend in October on the 6th and 7th which means the following Monday will be Columbus Day. This may be a travel day for some whose employers/schools observe the holiday!

Weather on that weekend is normally mid 70's, from chain maille to noble garb... comfy for all!  :)

"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Hibernian

People (at least I do) want to know what hotels are near the new faire they are visiting and how long does it take to get from point A to point B.

Our official hotel (in other words clean rooms and group rate) for this year again is Microtel at Exit 28. According to Google maps, its 10.1 miles and 19 minutes from CRF. Also at this exit is Econo Lodge & Suites, Comfort Inn & Suites, Hampton Inn.

On Rt 73 at Exit 25 we have another group of hotels basically 6.7 miles and 12 minutes to CRF. In this grouping you will find Quality Inn, Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Courtyard, Candlewood Suites, Sleep Inn & Suites, Country Suites.

Our friends from Maryland had a Hilton account and stayed in a third grouping closer to Charlotte near UNCC. The University City Hilton is 12.7 miles and 20 minutes to CRF.

The official pub once again for 2011 is The Galway Hooker, from Lancers Pub in CRF to the Hooker you will have to travel 8.3 miles or 17 minutes between Guinness pints. If you call ahead when you leave Fairhaven, the pint will have settled properly by the time you reach The Hooker.

If you can't find a hotel to match one of your points plans, let me know and we'll probably find one closer into Charlotte.

Quiet One

I'll throw in my support for RenDezvous at CRF in 2012.  I've been making the trip down to CRF since 2006, a 10 hour drive for me.  It's a beautiful area just north of Charlotte.  There are many top name acts for your entertainment.  A wide variety of vendors to wander through and do some shopping.  The best part is the people I've met there are some of the best.  It has become a wonderful way to end my faire travel season each year.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

Thank-thee Quiet One!  If any of you are on the Book of Faces... add Kevin Hedgecock and take a look at his most wondermous photos of CRF from this season... going on now till the weekend before Thanksgiving.   ;D

I received an e-mail from CRF management today.  They are fyne with us having a pop-up tent outside the entrance.  :) 

Hibernian

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on November 03, 2011, 05:38:27 PM
I received an e-mail from CRF management today.  They are fyne with us having a pop-up tent outside the entrance.  :) 
Great, now we a very visible check in point to distribute group tickets, maps, schedules etc. Now all we need is a few more volunteers and oh yeah the RenDezvous.

renfairephotog

Fairy photographer