News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

To Bee or not to Bee - Favour question

Started by Orphena, August 30, 2011, 10:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orphena

Hello Crafters and Rennies!

I have developed some new favours for this fall, and wanted your opinion. Going off the play on words of my (character) last name "Swanbee" , I have made these little swans. I have also made a little bee, but m;lord thinks he looks odd hanging there, as he is attached by a chain. I cannot hang him from elsewhere, as he balances the swan a little. So the question is - should I keepthe bee, or leave the swan by itself?  Sorry for the quality of the pics - some have ye old renaissance towel as a back ground, and some m'lord's hat, as it was close at hand. These are clickable thumbnails - and apparently the second thumbnail is upside down - but when you click on it, it is right side up.

Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

PollyPoPo

Just my opinion, but the bee makes it unique.  Lots of swans around; lots of bees; not many together.  You might want to add a little more to the connecting chain(?) to make the bee jiggle a bit as the wearer moves.

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Lady Christina de Pond

i like these they are very unique and cute go with the bee
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Betty Munro

Bee.

If your character name was Swan, then I'd wonder, why the bee?  But the name is Swanbee, so a swan and a bee is perfect!  They are very pretty, and I couldn't imagine any of your friends being anything less than delighted with the gift!  You are quite talented!

Orphena

Thanks for your feedback! I did some re working, and this is the finished product:

Now, if only I have the courage to actually hand them out!
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles