News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So excited for Bristol this weekend!

Started by Alexandra Johanna, September 02, 2011, 03:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandra Johanna

Its almost the weekend and I am so looking forward to Bristol! I am a little sad that this is the final weekend, but so excited because we will be dressing for the occasion for the first time in several years. My usually sullen 14-year-old daughter actually wanted to go with me yesterday to find a suitable fabric to make a pouch to match her outfit - unheard of! We're planning on either Sunday or Monday to enjoy the hopefully spectacular weather.

Still a lot of sewing details to finish up.  I feel a little bit like the white rabbit about to plunge down the rabbit hole and into wonderland.  "I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date. No time to say Hello, Goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!"

Clearly, I'm giddy!

Anyone have a favorite spot they like to sit and meet people and watch the Faire go by?

Lady Renee Buchanan

It would be great to meet you!  We can usually be found at the Pig & Whistle Pub, the Fountainside Music Stage, the 3 Sheets to the Wind Music Stage, and there is a little garden across from the Town Square Pub, when it's hot, there's always a nice breeze there.

Or else in the Friends of Faire Garden.  Do buy a weekend membership for $5 per person.  A nice, comfy place to sit, free water & gatorade, free classes on different things, and great company with very friendly people.

If you see me there, please come up and say hi and introduce yourself.  There's a group of us that go around together, not always together all the time, but we congregate, go our separate ways, come back together again, and so on for the day.

At 6 p.m. there is a Musician's Revel at the 3 Sheets Stage.  It's not on the program but is really excellent.  Definitely worth going to.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Alexandra Johanna

Thank you, Lady Renee! I will certainly keep an eye out for you. I always forget that the Friends of Faire pass can be purchased for the weekend, that is a wonderful idea. Most of our mundane friends are not interested at all in renaissance faires, so it would be wonderful to make some new friends that are!

Alexandra