News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Music in a Darker Vein

Started by The Lady Mercedes, December 11, 2011, 03:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Mercedes

I was downloading some music from a band called Nox Arcana, and found two that struck me as maybe being of interest to those rennies out there that have a liking for the darker side:
Blood of the Dragon
Phantoms of the High Seas
Another band in the same vein is Midnight Syndicate, and they put out Dungeons and Dragons: "the first-ever officially licensed soundtrack to the roleplaying classic that started it all." They all sound pretty interesting to me!
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

chainshot

I too have the Dungeons & Dragons album by Midnight Syndicate and think it's cool too.  In a similar vein lately I've been getting into soundtracks from various video games like Assassin's Creed, Halo, Killzone, Call of Duty, God War, Mass Effect etc.  I found alot of them are sometimes even better than the ones composed for movies.

Captain Teague

Nox is excellent. I have Phantoms of the High Seas, Winter's Knight and Carnival of Lost Souls. Transylvania is an excellent Goth/Halloween soundtrack also.
The Code is the Law...

The Lady Mercedes

Quote from: chainshot on December 11, 2011, 11:11:45 AMI found alot of them are sometimes even better than the ones composed for movies.
I hear ya! There's been a lot of songs that have become hits due to them being on video games!

Quote from: Lord Dragon on December 11, 2011, 02:12:55 PM
Nox is excellent. I have Phantoms of the High Seas, Winter's Knight and Carnival of Lost Souls. Transylvania is an excellent Goth/Halloween soundtrack also.
I agree! I'm gonna listen to their Grimm Tales every Fri. before I watch the show!  :P
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!