News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Forward from Sherwood about tonight (Area fires)

Started by *Teach*, September 04, 2011, 06:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Teach*

Just received this from brian@sherwoodforestfaire.com:

Due to wildfires in the local vicinity, we are cancelling tonight's Pot Luck and Movie Night and closing the site. Please do not come out this evening. There is no immediate threat as the fires are being blown away from us, but we do not want anyone here if the wind shifts.

Please keep our operations director, Pirous, and his wife Cori, in your thoughts, as they are believed to have lost all of their animals and their home. They are both safe. We will be arranging a collection for them and will send out information about that later.

From me-
I am not in any way connected to the faire other than as a playtron but I still consider each of them part of our family.
Please keep our faire family in your thoughts and prayers tonight. Especially Pirous and Cori.

*wish the rum could provide the words to say in these situations*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Betty Munro

Merlin the Elder

I am mustering all available energies and sending them to Pirous and Cori. Please keep us posted as to what help we can give. My gods, what's next?  :'(
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

*Teach*

Just found an article about the fires. 300+ homes have been destroyed already.
http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Fires-break-out-across-Central-Texas--129235493.html

*I would give up rum for life if it would just make all these fires stop*

Gwen aka Punstergal

Friend with the local VFD says the wind is so bad they aren't even trying to stop the fire, they're just staying out from in front of it and letting it burn.  I hope everyone in the path has the good sense to do the same. (Homes can be replaced, people can't).

FYI-  If people evacuating with pets or livestock need help finding temporary placement for your animals during this crisis, please contact Texas Blessings Rescue at texasblessings@yahoo.com and they will try to coordinate help.
"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

Bonny Pearl

Saying a prayer that the firefighters can contain this monster.  Where is the blasted rain?!!  This summer has been awful.  :'(
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

maeven

Praying that all are safe and sound and that this fire is contained very soon.
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

Queen Bonnie

Hoping our faire stays safe and praying for all those near by that are in the fire's path! It is very scary here.So far my home is safe- but the fires need to stop. No more wind and we need rain!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Anna Iram

I'm so sorry to hear this. Keeping all of you Texans in my thoughts and praying for RAIN!!

*Teach*

I posted this on FB but just in case-
Due to all the fires happening near our friends near Sherwood and TRF we are offering our home to any who need space. We are pet friendly so bring them as well. Contact me or Reba Trinn Scott on here and I will get our number to you. We are in the San Antonio area.

*There is plenty of rum... er... room*

Lady Kett

Thoughts and prayers with everyone in the area. Sad that our first break in weather (at least in DFW) is troubled with fires south of us. Hugs to all.

DonaCatalina

Thank you for the update. We would be interested if they post info about a fund.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

lady M

Saying prayers for safety and strength for all our fairmily, friends, firefighters and everyone.

MrHyde

Since January 1, 2011 to 9/4/11 Texas Forest Service responded to 2,723 fire for 2,679,734 acres. Homes saved 18,035, other structures 6,415. Homes lost 873, other structure 944.  In the past 48 hours, more than 700 homes have been destroyed.
Home Faire - Texas Renaissance Festival
Frequent - Scarborough, Four Winds, Sherwood, and Middlefaire as well.

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

MrHyde

Texas Forestry Service report on this fire:  BASTROP COUNTY COMPLEX, Bastrop County. 34,068 acres, 30 percent contained. Crews and equipment continue to mop up and patrol. Good progress was made on the fire yesterday. An assessment team has confirmed 1,386 homes have been destroyed. Two civilians were found dead Tuesday as search crews went through the charred subdivisions. A Southern Area Type I Incident Management Team is assisting in managing the fire.

MrHyde

Texas Forestry Service Report:  BASTROP COUNTY COMPLEX, Bastrop County. 34,068 acres, 60 percent contained. The 719-acre Union Chapel Fire is now included in this complex and is being managed by the Southern Area Type I Incident Management Team. Crews and equipment continue to protect homes within the perimeter. There is no fire burning outside the main containment lines. An assessment team has confirmed 1,554 homes have been destroyed on the large Bastrop fire and the Union Chapel Fire. Two civilians were found dead Tuesday as search crews went through the charred subdivisions.