News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A brighter day ahead

Started by rengypsy, September 14, 2011, 09:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

greetings brothers and sisters of sherwood...

these have been trying days.  not the best of times.  too many around us have suffered loss.  we are tired.  we feel a bit astranged from joys and happiness of life.  but, we are a resilient species.  we overcome.  we vision and see a tomorrow . . . even when smoke clouds blur our eyesight.  we dream.  we project.  we circle the wagons.

in this time of woe, we should not lose sight of the spectacular.  and that is this community.  folk opened their homes.  they gave from what they had.  they opened their arms and let other find some solace amidst the sadness and sorrow.  they offered words of comfort.  they cried along side those who lost everything.

and barn raisings are in our future.

sherwood is the central focal point of a soul and spirit in each of us that cries out for family and community.

i am so impressed with you folk.  i am humbled and in gracious that me and mine can call you family!

rengypsy

it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with