News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Another Fire-OUT-Now just weather talk and such :)

Started by Bonny Pearl, September 05, 2011, 04:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

News just said there are more evacuations but didn't expand on that.... What kind of crap is that??!  This might be what you are talking about Gwen. 
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Gwen aka Punstergal

From the Navasota examiner, one hour ago:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The fire has jumped FM 1774 and is spreading south towards Waller County. Firemen are estimating approximately 1,000 to 2,000 acres have been consumed.
Law enforcement is now evacuating neighborhoods west of FM 1774.

Plantersville resident Frank Corolla, whose family is evacuating, reports that traffic is 2 miles long near the intersection of Bowler Road and FM 1488.
The fire is said to have started in Montgomery County, but the cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
Fire truck on fire
TriCounty fire truck has caught fire. More details will be posted as they are made available.
Evacuation orders adjusted, road closure
County Judge Betty Shiflett has ordered the mandatory evacuation of residents 1 mile west of FM 1774 and east of FM 1774 to the county line, as homes are being threatened by a large fire in the woods. FM 1774 is closed from County Road 302 (near Dave's Country Store) to the county line.
Residents in and near the Holly Hills subdivision near FM 1774, south of CR 302 and north of Riley Road are also being evacuated.
Local law enforcement began evacuating residents east of the Renaissance Festival and south of Inwood Drive shortly after large plumes of smoke became visible as a large brush fire is developing near FM 1774 and County Road 302 near Todd Mission/Plantersville.
Sheriff Don Sowell, who is at the fire staging area at the Renaissance Festival parking lot in Plantersville, said the fire is on the east side of FM 1774, near Crown Ranch, where another brush fire evolved just last week.
The fire is approximately 1 mile from the Renaissance Festival parking lot where large, black clouds of smoke can be seen.
The Texas Forest Service has been called in for assistance, as well as Plantersville-Stoneham, Anderson, Richards and Shiro Volunteer Fire Departments and Navasota Fire Department. Other responding fire departments include Cy-Fair, TriCounty, Magnolia and Montgomery.
St. Joseph EMS is also on scene.
Plantersville-Stoneham Volunteer Asst. Fire Chief Steve Paiyou initially reported they were unsure of how to reach the fire in certain wooded areas.
Sunday, Texas Forest Service responded to 63 new fires that burned 32,936 acres, including 22 new large fires. Strong winds and low relative humidity from Tropical Storm Lee have caused numerous wildfires across Texas to spread rapidly.
Locally, the winds are blowing 10 to 15 mph from the northeast to the southwest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

Fenster

This one is in a different location than the last, so plenty of fuel to be burned.  100 miles to the west and that tropical storm would have put an end to this before it started.  Anyone with an open flame in the area should be given a ticket for being careless and stupid.

Positive waves no property or lives get destroyed in this.

Fenster

From the TRF Facebook page:

"Renfaire drive and TRF office have been evacuated at this time. The fires are NOT on the grounds but we have been asked to evacuate as a precaution. 1774 is closed to the public between 1486 and 302 at this time."

It's going to be a close call.

*Teach*

I posted this on FB but just in case-
Due to all the fires happening near our friends near Sherwood and TRF we are offering our home to any who need space. We are pet friendly so bring them as well. Contact me or Reba Trinn Scott on here and I will get our number to you. We are in the San Antonio area.

*There is plenty of rum... er... room*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: *Teach* on September 05, 2011, 08:18:32 PM
I posted this on FB but just in case-
Due to all the fires happening near our friends near Sherwood and TRF we are offering our home to any who need space. We are pet friendly so bring them as well. Contact me or Reba Trinn Scott on here and I will get our number to you. We are in the San Antonio area.

*There is plenty of rum... er... room*

The rum would be much appreciated too!  :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Merlin the Elder

What is the link to the best information about this fire?

Bonny, you guys still at home, or have you moved to safer quarters?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Bonny Pearl

We are still home and have not been notified to leave.  We are southwest of this fire.

Attached is a link that has a map outlining the fire area.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Wildfire_Forces_Evacuation_Of_Grimes_County_Residents_129270053.html
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

JackGonzo, MD

Wow, that's right next to the high school isn't it
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Bonny Pearl

Yes, Magnolia West High School is in that area.  Just announced on the news that our school district is closed tomorrow.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Breandan

Same drill as last time, we can house  6 comfortably, up to 10 if they don't mind getting cozy and sleeping on the floor.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Lady Kett

Y'all stay safe please! Sending good thoughts, positive energy, rain dance, and some prayers your way.

Betty Munro

Prayers for RAIN!  This is TERRIBLE!!  :(

Breandan

That's still up in the air last I heard, some folks say they saw flames from its location, others are saying its still there.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

MrHyde

From the KHOU web site:  The fire has burned about 1,600 acres and destroyed at least 20 homes and a fire truck.
Home Faire - Texas Renaissance Festival
Frequent - Scarborough, Four Winds, Sherwood, and Middlefaire as well.