News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Another Fire-OUT-Now just weather talk and such :)

Started by Bonny Pearl, September 05, 2011, 04:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DancingDogDairy

We heard sirens and a bullhorn telling us to evacuate, so I took the kids to a friend's house in cypress, and my husband and oldest daughter took all of our animals to a different friend's.

We were trying to decide what to do, when we looked down to see soot all over my neighbor's driveway.
Genevieve McQuilling
Slave Labor

MrHyde

We are all praying for you DancingDogDairy
Home Faire - Texas Renaissance Festival
Frequent - Scarborough, Four Winds, Sherwood, and Middlefaire as well.

MrHyde

A KTRK viewer posted this picture.  I thought this was a great point of reference for TRF lover's since we all know where the McDonald's is.

MrHyde

Bonny Pearl

Dancing what area are you in?  People are hearing reports that we/our subdivision (Indigo Lake) is being evacuated, which is NOT the case.  We are safe and keeping an eye on what is going on.  Dancing I pray you and yours are all safe.

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

azchris

Thoughts and Prayers with all of you and everyone affected by this fire.

Fenster

The winds have calmed this morning which should help the firefighters.  Unless there's a big shift and increase in the wind TRF should escape again.  As to Henry's the last I heard was that it made it, but a trailer behind it burned.  Close call.

DancingDogDairy

We live by Sire. My husband said our neighborhood was not officially under mandatory evacuation. But our   Subdivision is only 3 houses. I figured if I can hear the bull horn announcing evacuation, then we had better get out.

Our animals are at a friend's by High Meadow Ranch.
Genevieve McQuilling
Slave Labor

Delireus

I could have sworn I posted this yesterday but I guess not. My cousin's house in Bastrop has burned down :( They were evacuated just in time too, and the only person home at the time was my 16 year old second cousin who managed to grab some clothes and his mother's jewelry before leaving.

First it was some of Scarborough and now TRF is in danger! I just bought plane tickets home for Thanksgiving break to go to faire two days ago. My family had to be evacuated a few months ago due to a huge field fire but everything turned out ok, but that was a while ago and in a different part of Texas. Everyone stay safe wherever you are!

- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Bonny Pearl

these are the neighborhoods under evacuation:
Montgomery County Wildfire Info: Ranch Crest, River park ranch, wisteria farms, lake Holley hills, magnolia west, deer haven, woodland lakes, weekend retreats, shady brook acres, Remington forest, oak hollow, fields store
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Kehle

I've had a forest fire behind my house before so I know how scary it is to have to leave your home, or even that waiting period of not knowing if you have to leave your home. My prayers are with all my friends in TX. Stay safe.
Lurker is just the forum word for stalker.
(now lurking in FL)

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Sounded like one of them said it was trying to jump 1774....
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Bonny Pearl

Did you hear a cross road for 1774?

Reports that Crown Ranch is lit up and there is a gas pipeline at the back of that subdivision.

Ray's bar on 1774 had 8 structures in danger and being evacuated.  This is the bar that is just south of Henry's.

*edit

Turns out there was a voluntary order for our neighborhood, but I believe things are okay here for now.  Advent is here with us in case he has to move their travel trailer.*
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on September 06, 2011, 10:46:38 AM
Did you hear a cross road for 1774?

Reports that Crown Ranch is lit up and there is a gas pipeline at the back of that subdivision.

Ray's bar on 1774 had 8 structures in danger and being evacuated.  This is the bar that is just south of Henry's.

*edit

Turns out there was a voluntary order for our neighborhood, but I believe things are okay here for now.  Advent is here with us in case he has to move their travel trailer.*

I just heard them say that they are on the pipeline trying to knock the fire out there... a CyFair booster truck was on site...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God