News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Teen in need of a heart transplant

Started by Bonny Pearl, June 29, 2011, 07:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

http://www.click2houston.com/health/28398417/detail.html

This young man is the nephew of my boss. Please pray for him.

I haven't seen Jordan since last summer and seeing him in this news video has brought me to tears... again. He looks a lot frailer than he did last year.

Jordan has gone through surgeries since he was born. This last month he got so weak they had to induce a coma before they operated on him. A team of surgeons were flown in from Arizona. His heart was the size of a soccer ball which completely astonished the surgeons. His heart failed during this surgery and they thought there was nothing they could do. Jordan's will to live overcame this and his heart started beating again on its own! There truly is a plan for this young man.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Rani Zemirah

I'm sending prayers and lots of healing energy now, Bonny...  What a courageous young man. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

irish

All my love, prayers and energy are being sent to Jordan and his family.
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Merlin the Elder

This highlights the need for more organ donors. Folks, if you aren't already on the registry, do so now. You could be the one responsible for saving lives. You don't need these parts once you're gone!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady De Rue Rue

Sending positive light and energy for finding the right heart for Jordan.

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 30, 2011, 04:58:51 AM
This highlights the need for more organ donors. Folks, if you aren't already on the registry, do so now. You could be the one responsible for saving lives. You don't need these parts once you're gone!

Merlin you make a wonderful point for people to become organ donors, being a donor can save more than just one life.

Bonny Pearl

Thank you so much everyone!

If you would like to learn more about Jordan or just send him a message of support he has a web-journal on Caringbridge. :)

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jordanmerecka

The journal has mostly been posts by his parents to update everyone on what has been going on, but Jordan was able to post on the site himself recently. :)

Whatever your faith may be, it is truly inspiring to see him face such difficulties with the inner strength that his faith has brought him.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Bonny Pearl

Wonderful, Joyous News!

Jordan was able to go home from the hospital today!  He's still on a wait list for a heart donation but the advances we have made in science are truly amazing.  He has an artificial heart with a battery device in a backpack.  He is gaining some of his weight back and has greatly improved in his mobility and stamina.   :)

Thank you to everyone for your prayers!

Here is the article:

http://www.click2houston.com/health/29041541/detail.html
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Merlin the Elder

Glad to hear that Jordan is doing better. I'll continue transmission of good vibes, TFN
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rani Zemirah

How wonderful!  Jordan sounds like such an amazing young man... and such an inspiring personality, as well!  Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers...  :)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Betty Munro

Prayers for Jordan and his family for continued strength and a healing miracle!