News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The 2011 Season

Started by kcdcchef, September 06, 2011, 11:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

So how was it? I am envious, I am 1000 miles away and will not even lay eyes on Canterbury until Mid October. So I simply MUST hear about how grand it was this weekend!!!!

Tamtaro

It was grand indeed kcdcchef!  A few friends & I spent a lovely Monday there.  As you promised, the day was like any other in perfomances, hours, and shopping.  The day was made more fabulous by perfect weather - although I always prefer colder, I still couldn't bring myself to complain. :D  I didn't see any of the senario or the Grand Finale/Battle thingy, with the exception of the second half of the Swill Pond show, so we'll have to get more input on that!  And YES, I ate crepes! (and I can't wait to go back next week and have another!! ;D)  There were lovely people everywhere to look at - for example, the guy who pushes the dragon swing should have a tip jar!  He's like Prince of Persia in looks and acrobatics!  ;)

captmarga

What a glorious opening weekend!  17 invaders from the far south in Scarborough made their way up to Canterbury.  Saturday was more like home-weather, but Sunday was cool, clear and perfect.

CREPES WERE HAD!  Most wondrous indeed!  And cream-cheese filled pretzels, a delicacy newly found and not to be missed.

Those from our group would wish to extend thanks to everyone who made us feel welcome in Canterbury.  Old friendships renewed, new bonds forged, and a most lovely time had by all!

THANK YOU!

Kaitlin Marie MacDonald, Lady Knightbridge
aka Ekimu, Mama Fey
aka Capt Marga!!!
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Tamtaro

I'm so glad you had a wonderful visit!  Huzzah to the invaders!  Hey, I didn't know about the cheese pretzels...I guess I have a one-track mind (crepes, crepes, crepes, crepes) ;D

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on September 06, 2011, 09:25:00 PM
I'm so glad you had a wonderful visit!  Huzzah to the invaders!  Hey, I didn't know about the cheese pretzels...I guess I have a one-track mind (crepes, crepes, crepes, crepes) ;D

eh, lots of places have the pretzels these days, but glad you liked em'!!!! for me, it's so many things you get there you don't get elsewhere, or when you do, they suck. turkey legs, crepes, bread bowl soups, corn nuggets, mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

EmbyrretheFae

YES! a truly magnificent weekend was had indeed!  Great to make new friends, have lots of grand moments with patrons and a ton of fun :)  We will definitely be going back for labor day weekend next year!

"Because I can" ;)

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on September 06, 2011, 09:31:15 PM
eh, lots of places have the pretzels these days, but glad you liked em'!!!! for me, it's so many things you get there you don't get elsewhere, or when you do, they suck. turkey legs, crepes, bread bowl soups, corn nuggets, mmmmmmmmmmmmm!
HA! :D - I can't decide if they just suck elsewhere or if festival atmosphere makes them taste better.  For example, mashed potatoes - boring at home is all-of-a-sudden interesting on a cool faire day!  And since we're on the topic of food, may I just say "Cinnamon Crunch Almonds?" Not my super-favorite food, but when you are boisterously clapping along with the Jolly Rogers and that smell is wafting over from the cart, oh heaven!  I can never resist.

Tamtaro

Quote from: EmbyrretheFae on September 07, 2011, 09:17:48 AM
YES! a truly magnificent weekend was had indeed!  Great to make new friends, have lots of grand moments with patrons and a ton of fun :)  We will definitely be going back for labor day weekend next year!

Huzzah!  I'm so glad you visited!  Did you travel a long way to Canterbury?  Were you at the front gate Monday morning before cannon?  I saw a couple of people I thought I recognized from here and there on the forums, but kept getting swept up into the day when I should have been saying hello and merry meet!  I'm happy you had a joyful day!

EmbyrretheFae

Came along with the scarborough group :)  Wasnt out front either day, but just inside the gate and all over the site after.
"Because I can" ;)

Butch

Did anyone see the pub sing yet this year?  If so, how is it?

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on September 07, 2011, 05:25:00 PM

We shall see for sure when we are there!?!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on September 07, 2011, 05:25:00 PM

i have yet to see a pub sing i DIDNT LOVE.

Butch

Ah, allow me to explain.  My closings are limited this year, so I must choose which one I would rather see:  Either the Pub Sing (always fun!); or the closing show on the cobblestones (with my son on cast!).  Probably opt for the closing show on the cobblestones on 24 or 25 Sep, and then the Pub Sing on Columbus Day.  The rest of the time, I will be leaving Canterbury btwn 1200-1300, after the parade.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on September 08, 2011, 11:16:28 PM
Ah, allow me to explain.  My closings are limited this year, so I must choose which one I would rather see:  Either the Pub Sing (always fun!); or the closing show on the cobblestones (with my son on cast!).  Probably opt for the closing show on the cobblestones on 24 or 25 Sep, and then the Pub Sing on Columbus Day.  The rest of the time, I will be leaving Canterbury btwn 1200-1300, after the parade.

columbus day is my day for pub sing too, we'll have to hook up!

kcdcchef

allright I lied. My 2011 days are 10/1 and 10/2.