News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The 2011 Season

Started by kcdcchef, September 06, 2011, 11:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamtaro

Heading back to Canterbury tomorrow!!  We'll have some impressionable youths with us, so I don't know if the group will do pub sing, but we'll likely see the closing show at the front gate.  I didn't make it around the back gate area much last week, so I intend to prioritize that loop tomorrow.  KCRF's map is still kinda' crazy, but I actually used it to find a shop last week.  Who knew?
I've finished my skirts!  Huzzah!  So, I will dress up - whee!  I don't know if I'll last the whole day without changing back into a jeans & t-shirt wench though :D  Thanks to those of you who sent me sewing tips!  A coupon came in the mail for the fabric shop - it's a sign, don't you think?  There is so much beautiful clothing at festival.  I love looking at everyone.  So much talent (and money) it must take to make them! :o

Butch

I will not be there tomorrow, but I WILL be there Sun morn!  Introduce yourself to my son, the cordwainer (shoemaker)!

MickyofOgrot

Hey everyone, let me know what you think of the new show.  We have four shows a day at the Washer Well Stage and we'll most likely be at Smoker and Pubsing every day as well.

Butch

I caught your first show on opening day.  Enjoyed it!  ("It's not just some oil and blue dye")  What seemed to be missing was an audience participation bit.  Are you guys contemplating adding something like that?

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Tamtaro on September 09, 2011, 04:29:10 PM
Heading back to Canterbury tomorrow!!  We'll have some impressionable youths with us, so I don't know if the group will do pub sing, but we'll likely see the closing show at the front gate.  I didn't make it around the back gate area much last week, so I intend to prioritize that loop tomorrow.  KCRF's map is still kinda' crazy, but I actually used it to find a shop last week.  Who knew?
I've finished my skirts!  Huzzah!  So, I will dress up - whee!  I don't know if I'll last the whole day without changing back into a jeans & t-shirt wench though :D  Thanks to those of you who sent me sewing tips!  A coupon came in the mail for the fabric shop - it's a sign, don't you think?  There is so much beautiful clothing at festival.  I love looking at everyone.  So much talent (and money) it must take to make them! :o

Is there an online version of a map.  I somewhat know my way around, but was looking for a PDF version to get a bit more familiar.  I searched the website, but sometimes the most obvious eludes me.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

kcdcchef

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 11, 2011, 10:28:48 AM
Quote from: Tamtaro on September 09, 2011, 04:29:10 PM

let me find it, but there is an online version of the map of canterbury. i thought it was on kcrenfest.com but i could be wrong.

Is there an online version of a map.  I somewhat know my way around, but was looking for a PDF version to get a bit more familiar.  I searched the website, but sometimes the most obvious eludes me.

Butch

It used to be under Marketplace..Food Menu.  That link is broken.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on September 11, 2011, 02:32:00 PM
It used to be under Marketplace..Food Menu.  That link is broken.

that's probably it.

hope this helps!

Tamtaro

That map brings up nostalgic feelings.  I wonder when it was originally made?  I love how green and shady our lanes are (in real life and on the map).  If they ever update the map, I hope they keep that feeling.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on September 13, 2011, 09:46:36 AM
That map brings up nostalgic feelings.  I wonder when it was originally made?  I love how green and shady our lanes are (in real life and on the map).  If they ever update the map, I hope they keep that feeling.

they'll probably never update that map!

Butch

Hey, in the lost and found booth, beside the entrance gate, I believe they have the original posted!  At least, it's a very large version of the map!

Also, in the program, they have an addition at the bottom for the new Pirate's Cove area!

kcdcchef

nice!! I just bought a 1980 program from KCRF off ebay. map looks almost the same.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

It should help - grammercy
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Tamtaro

Quote from: Butch on September 13, 2011, 11:38:47 AM
Hey, in the lost and found booth, beside the entrance gate, I believe they have the original posted!  At least, it's a very large version of the map!

Also, in the program, they have an addition at the bottom for the new Pirate's Cove area!
I can't wait to take a peek at the original (and if it's just a copy, I'll pretend) :D

kcdcchef

I'm going to have to check this out! Sounds awesome!! Maybe I can buy it!