News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Morbid Question

Started by Baron Frederick, August 19, 2011, 09:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

A real showman, even unto death...great shot, in so many ways!

The only thing that would bother me about letting the future docs use me...I don't want the women laughing at me with my clothes off... That's always been a problem... :)

Everyone note: What remains of you when you die may save someone's life. If you are not already a donor, please sign up for it! Make sure your family knows that it is your wish to donate, and make sure they understand the importance to both you and the donee(s). In some states, they can supersede your wishes, even if they are written.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Captain Teague

I will leave it to Miladies choice when I go, but it shall either be my Motorcycle gear or my Ren gear. I have made it unequivocally clear if I am laid to rest in a suit, there WILL be some rather nasty "haunting" to follow.... ;D
The Code is the Law...

Brother Gregory

We had a lady from our Faire past away this July, at her memorial service her husband told all of the Rennie's in our group it was OK to wear our grab. He had said that since his wife enjoyed the faire so much and was a major person in getting it started she would want us to be dressed in grab. After one of our group got up and spoke at the memorial service we even gave her a Hip Hip Huzzah send off.

ravic

Known a few buried in their garb. Attended a few wakes/funerals/memorial services in garb.

My late brother-in-law was buried in his Confederate re-enactor uniform. His unit marched from the funeral home through the cemetary to the gravesite, then gave him a three volley salute.

dreamwalker

I already want to be cremated. I would love for ppl to show up in garb. Do like the idea of having a cannon blast send off with the cremains. Would be nice over a body of water. Can you play Stairway to Heaven on bagpipes?
Normal? What's that?

kcdcchef

Quote from: ravic on August 22, 2011, 12:48:22 PM
Known a few buried in their garb. Attended a few wakes/funerals/memorial services in garb.

My late brother-in-law was buried in his Confederate re-enactor uniform. His unit marched from the funeral home through the cemetary to the gravesite, then gave him a three volley salute.

thats pretty awesome. people should realize that a funeral is supposed to also be a celebration of the person's life. and as such their service should be a reflection of what they loved. i fully intend for my casket to be surrounded by gingerbread houses!