News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Online Tickets?

Started by Orphena, September 13, 2011, 01:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orphena

Greetings – we are visiting in October, and were hoping to buy our tickets online – but they seem to have removed that option from the website – although I have been monitoring it almost daily for the last 2 or 3 weeks, I have no idea if they will be restoring this convenience. Can anyone please tell me if they are planning to allow us to buy tickets online (IE, are there just technical difficulties?), or should we resign ourselves to standing in line on the day of?  Any idea as to why they removed it? Gramercy!
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

vivazpta

Seems like there were some issues with scanning the bar codes on tickets that were printed on home computers.  Its an all new ticket system this year so they are obviously ironing out the kinks.  Hard to say though if the online ordering will be restored any time soon.  Sorry :-(  Maybe someone else on here with better connections has some inside info?

morganne

I ordered a 6-day pass and had trouble getting in with the one I printed at home.  They sent everyone emails and told them to pick up a card with the bar code on it.  I would give their office a call.  They've been generally very helpful with any questions. 

mehan

I purchased 4 weekend passes online 8/11/11.  I called and Monday  was very helpfully served - was told they would print them again for me and I could pick them up at Will Call.

Then I discovered the other folks in our party couldn't come.  I called back and was told "non-transferable" even though I purchased all four tickets with my credit card, in my name I was told that only the people whose names and birthdates I had given at the time of purchase would be able to redeem them. 

I am hoping that when I actually arrive at gate something can be done.  Seems unfair that I am able to pay for them, but unable to give them to whomever I wish.   Oh well

vivazpta

Hmmm yes would hope they could work this out!!! The new ticket system this year has been going through a lot of kinks.   I've been to other Faires where they do scan the tickets but only to make sure they are not used more then once.  Seems pretty LAME to lock a ticket to a certain person.  Even Broadway doesn't do that!  Who cares who actually uses the ticket as long as it doesn't get reused.  I'd like to think the MD management people can fix this.