News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fire and fire accessories

Started by sloth, September 13, 2011, 03:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sloth

Quote from: dragongirl on September 19, 2011, 08:04:00 AM

Coleman and Wally's World have many different styles and sizes of battery operated lanterns.  But if you perfer the candle or real flame look, get the flamless pillers and tea lights.  That's what we use at Pennsic in our tents so we don't light them on fire.

oh, i definitely have my stock of coleman lanterns, but i've found they don't light the campsite enough for me.  in the years before we built a fire at our site, we always just sit mostly in the dark and just lit by a few lanterns.  not so much fun.  i'm thinking solar powered christmas lights this year to start with.  definitely going to take your advice on going to walmart to see what else i can scrounge up.

Sir Edward

You can make a fire pit almost out of any thing. I have one that was made out of an old L&G tank one of the big ones. My grandfather made it. I now use it at the fairs that have camping and allow camp fires that can't be on the ground. I have even modified it so I can cook off of it you are not the only one that is crossing their fingers for a lot of rain to come.the farmers almanac is almost never wrong so all we can do is hope and pray.