News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fair(e) Weather?

Started by Butch, September 17, 2011, 02:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

Wow!  Very wet today, and too cool!  Will definitely bring my cloak tomorrow; it will be a bit warm, but at least it will keep me dry.

Tamtaro

It was definitely cloak weather!  It really rained for about an hour.  We'd already grabbed lunch and were sitting in the Pub to eat when it hit (perfect timing!!)  Jason Divad did fire juggling in the rain for the people sitting in the pub and for a few brave souls still wandering about with umbrellas.  He puts on a great act - check it out!  After that, it was warm enough to toss the cloak back in the car and enjoy the rest of the day!  How did Sunday turn out?

Butch

Had to miss today, had a last-minute arrangement for a freezer delivery today.  Huzzah!  You were at the Pirate Pub when it was really coming down yesterday?  I was over at the Sefarer Stage when Beerside Scoundrels canxed their set and went to the pub!  Sorry I missed you!  I left about 12:30, after they canxed the parade.

kcdcchef

here is what i hope for on 10-1 and 10-2, 55F and cloudy.

Tamtaro

Quote from: Butch on September 18, 2011, 04:33:56 PM
Had to miss today, had a last-minute arrangement for a freezer delivery today.  Huzzah!  You were at the Pirate Pub when it was really coming down yesterday?  I was over at the Sefarer Stage when Beerside Scoundrels canxed their set and went to the pub!  Sorry I missed you!  I left about 12:30, after they canxed the parade.
I was at the Canterbury Public House, so we missed eachother by space and time.  I kept listening for the parade to see if they would really brave it!  I'm glad they didn't - it would have been miserable!  The freezer delivery might have saved you from yucky weather - I wonder how Sunday turned out?
I look forward to meeting you on the 24th - see you at Shadowgate!

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on September 18, 2011, 06:58:38 PM
here is what i hope for on 10-1 and 10-2, 55F and cloudy.
Hip hip huzzah!  I would love that weather!  My cloak is light, so my favorite is 55-60F.  Not that 35F stuff we had in '09!

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on September 19, 2011, 10:13:45 AM

Hip hip huzzah!  I would love that weather!  My cloak is light, so my favorite is 55-60F.  Not that 35F stuff we had in '09!

my favorite faire weather EVER!!!!!

Dracove

I second the entertainment by Jason as it was raining. It was awesome for him to entertain us as it was pouring. He is easily one of my favorite performers.

Tamtaro

Quote from: Dracove on September 23, 2011, 09:44:41 AM
I second the entertainment by Jason as it was raining. It was awesome for him to entertain us as it was pouring. He is easily one of my favorite performers.
Me too ;D 
He does extra fire tricks when it gets cold.  His fire poi is very fluid.
His act is worth catching in any weather!

Tamtaro

It's going to be glorious fair weather tomorrow!!  I can't wait!

Butch

Oh, yeah!  All day should be great!  Are you gonna meet us in the parking lot before opening cannon?

kcdcchef

i hope my faire weather is awesome too! this weekend i am at the pittsburgh renaissance festival.

Tamtaro

Thank you for including me, but my group won't make it there early enough.  We're leaving at 7 and plan to arrive right at cannon time.  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at Shadowgate Downs!

Tamtaro

Weather.com is calling for low 70s this Sat/Sun!!  Yipee!!

kcdcchef

was hoping for 50's, but I'll take it! see you there this weekend!

Butch

They could've had the KCRF this past weekend; it was beautiful!

kcdcchef

I'm so hopeful someday they'll have a Christmas Dickens thing. Have heard whispers they've talked about it a few times. So that's a good thing.