News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Canadians Visiting in October

Started by Orphena, August 23, 2011, 06:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orphena

Greetings friends!

M'lord and I, as well as 2 of our friends are planning to visit your delightful faire in October, travelling down from Ontario in order to do so! We intend to be there the weekend of October 15 & 16, in garb, ready to have FUN! We are all avid rennies, participating in our Ontario Faires without fail. I am looking forward to enjoying a truly great faire - which I hear you have in abundance! We intend to purchase 2 day passes (I saw the post about ticket sales, and will do so soon - Thanks!) and we already have our hotel booked.

I am wonrdering if you fine locals / regular attenders can offer any additional insights as to what to see, what not to miss, and other such fine advice that I know this board offers. We have signed up for emailed coupon savings, but have yet to receive any - are there other sources of savings to be had?

Thank you kindly!

Lady Orphena Swanbee
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

Orphena

What time do you suggest getting to the gates if we wish to see the gate show, and avoid standing in line for an hour? I have heard it can be busy...

isabelladangelo

Quote from: Orphena on August 25, 2011, 05:07:07 AM
What time do you suggest getting to the gates if we wish to see the gate show, and avoid standing in line for an hour? I have heard it can be busy...

It's not quite as bad in October -for the most part.   I'd say get there around 9:15~9:30 so you can see the gate show.  You don't need to be there too early sicne it starts at 10.   Also, you can order tickets online and pick them up at Will Call I think.

Orphena

Thank you kindly for the information, m'lady! We plan to pre purchase our tickets (2 day passes), and have them with us, so that we can at least avoid that line!

Orphena

We had a lovely time visiting! I highly reccommend the Country Inn & Suites as a place to stay - about 7 minutes from faire!