News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who's going when?

Started by theChuck, June 18, 2008, 11:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

i hope to get there one of the weekends. so much going on right now at the same time.  we have the sterling faire, then NYRf, then  the Pennslyvannia  ren faire, and in between trying to keep up  a a huge 7 acre yard, take care of two horse, dogs,  a  four year old, and  and a new puppy. Plus mom and dad said they may  come visit, although we also owe them a visit down their way  too.    But i sure want to get to NYRF this year.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady_Claira

Well this past year NYRF was my very first faire ever! It was amazing. And my friends and I do hope to go back this year. We will most likely only go once because we don't exactly have the money to pay for the gas to go every weekend. It will most likely be in September and most likely be on a Saturday. But once I get the date more narrowed down, I'll let you know!

:D

I can't wait for faire!
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Matty Pine Brownie

Trying to see if it will be either Labor Day Weekend or Sept. 6-7 here.  A lot depends on finances and other logistical adventures, called how to get from the City to an Inn to the Forest and back again (Sterling-in-the-Forest  requires a full weekend to go and invade to the hearts content). This will be the third season I have taken the Mrs. up north. The last two times (2005 & 2006) it was much easier as I was employed the first time, and the second the finances weren't nightmarish. This time I am teetering to the good side after teetering on the bad side for 2007 and not being able to afford to go for even one day at all.
Here's to hoping that others are coming from near enough my part of the City to make this all happen while all the while cutting enough corners to not be accused of cheating at cards. lol
Rogues and Pollywogs! Where is the Brownie?

FaireGirl69

My family and I will be up on Opening Day only.  See ya' Saturday!
- Dolores in PA

"If they outlaw guns, can we go back to using swords?" - bumper sticker saying

DarkLord

If the planets align correctly, I too will be there opening day. The dice be not weighted one way or the other.
Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

SirBlackFox

Got my tickets. . .got my hotel room. . .  cameras are ready. . . . let's get medieval!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

theChuck

oh man, i'm so torn.. it looks like it's going to be cloudy/rain/thuderstorm on saturday. i'm aiming to go, but if it's gonna be really miserable... :[
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Jay Byrd

Hope to go this weekend, Not sure yet.  Hopefully Sat if not I hope to make a run on Sunday.  I need to get a photo on here again, but when I go with my kids we're hard to miss.  We dress similarly in Robin Hood style.  All have bows, matching quivers, matching garb, but this year Angel Baby may be a princess.  If I'm alone I'm told that I am still hard to miss.

BrotherDonald

I am delighted to report that I have survived the cuts and I will be telling stories in the Storyteller's Nook every festival day.  The Storyteller's Nook is well hidden in the Sterling Forest somewhere behind the Blue Boar Inn.  I'll be there every afternoon from noon thirty until four o'clock.
Brother Donald
Abbot
Benevolent Order of Scurrilious Monks

Jay Byrd

So glad to hear that Brother Donald.  I hope to see you there tomorrow.

Anyone else going?

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: BrotherDonald on August 07, 2008, 12:09:11 PM
I am delighted to report that I have survived the cuts and I will be telling stories in the Storyteller's Nook every festival day.  The Storyteller's Nook is well hidden in the Sterling Forest somewhere behind the Blue Boar Inn.  I'll be there every afternoon from noon thirty until four o'clock.

Ahh! I think I walked by this - I saw someone sitting there talking with a bunch of people sitting around him - that must have been it LOL! 

I will catch it on Saturday!   Only a few more hours until the weekly dose of Faire!

Lady Annue Brandywine

Hi, I am new my family and I have gone to the NY faire 2 times we plan on going on Aug 17th.

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Lady Annue Brandywine on August 08, 2008, 10:21:56 AM
Hi, I am new my family and I have gone to the NY faire 2 times we plan on going on Aug 17th.

Hm..the 17th - a Sunday. I could probably come then too!

laedyfaire

have fun tomorrow...we will be there on Sunday.

theChuck

oh man, it's so nice out. i wish i had gone today. :[
The Renlist - find faires near you!