News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Colorado Larkspur photos ...

Started by Blushing, June 19, 2008, 01:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoni the Shilent

Quote from: pirate_zoe on June 29, 2008, 08:39:44 AM
'Tis true, 'tis true.  I love candid shots myself.  I must say though I had my photo taken probably a dozen times by what I'm assuming were "professional" photogs, with the massive monster tele-photo-lenses and all that.  I wonder where those pictures will end up...

You dont want to know, you really really dont...........

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I LAUGH at those guys with there massive telephoto lens. I have a camera... it's in the shop right now being fixed for powering up issues... that I call my paperazzi camera. I could stand at Zoe's pop shop and shot the joust in detail... if the hill was not in the way and I don't even have to add a super huge lens on it. It's all built in. It does look like a pro camera and it is considered consumer-pro. It will do night shots and many other things all the top notch camera will do. I hope to have it by back by closing weekend.

Funny story with it.

I was at a convension with a girlfriend. I had rode to the convension with her and took a spare change of cloths for the evenings activities. I walked out to her van at 5:30 at night to get my change of clothing and go back in to change. As I rounded the corner to the hotel we were at this guy was laying in his bed start naked as a jay bird. His room was all windows floor to ceiling and as I walked by he stood up and modeled himself for me. I was in shock to say the least and hurried out to get my cloths and go back in. He kept standing there in his window and I tried not to look. Needless to say he didn't have much to show. I changed my clothing and an hour latter went back there again was the gentle man on his bed still naked as can be. Once again he stood up and modeled himself for him. I hurried back in to tell my story and report him. At 11:30 at night as my girlfriend and I were leaving I told her "Now this is where the nude guy was. Sure enough as we rounded the corner his blinds were wide open and he once again stood up to model for us. We hurried to her van, I took out my camer and tried to sneak in the total dark to take pictures of him to post on the net. We wanted to say "DO YOU KNOW THIS PERVERT? IF HE'S YOUR HUSBAND LOCK HIM UP" So as my girlfriend and I tried to sneak he kept just standing there. I guess he saw us and wanted to model. I tried to shot a picture of him in the nude for laughs but sine i was still new to using my camera, and did not have a tripod to rest it on, I shook to much and the picture came out blured. We could see him though as clear as day in the view finder and we both got a good laugh and a funny story to tell. Had I been more experienced at the time, I would have had a number of shots to prove this story of. As it stands, it was a wee bit hard to make out.

I have a great picture of a Great Horned owl sitting about 75 feet in the top of a tree in my old back yard. I could barely see him, but with my camera I can see every detail of his face and eye's

These were taken at last years Cheyenne Frontier Days. I was on the 2nd level of the stands on the far side of the arena or about 100 yards away if not more

Take notice of the people in the stands opposite side

Just playing with F-Stop settings at sunset Memorial Day weekend 2007

The same as above just with out the red and getting blue hues

As a Note NONE of these have been photoshopped or altered in anyway from what my camera took pictures of.

So yes I laugh at those overly huge camera's with their massive lens as mine does the same thing without all the huge extra cost and weight of lugging around. And it takes 8.1 megapixal pictures. And I can take black and white, sepia and many others.

"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

Wow Lady DeLaney, that really is an incredible picture of that owl!  How amazing!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Yes I did. I didn't take many as I HATE that camera I was using. I even hate Toki's, I'm spoiled. I'll get those others downloaded and get them up on my generic photo site and not my normal photo site this week. If anyone is interested you can view my photo work... or some of it. The site needs updated and some tweeks.

http://www.delaneyalysa.com/Transdimensional/Index.htm
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Aislynn

Zoë

I thought that was him wandering about.  I can't wait till he puts up more photos, I know he got one of me while we were all singing "Tequila" with Celtic Legacy.  And I think he also got a posed one of me down by the Rose Stage, if it wasn't him it was someone else with a big camera, haha.  So many photographers!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

As I walked past him he suddenly pulld up his camera. Toki walked right in front of him and I stopped for him. Toki was all like "What? Why you stopping? And I told him photog. So he stepped aside and Nelson got his shot. I may have broke his camera though LOL.
"The Metal Maiden"

Mischief Snicklebritches

Ummm where? I dont see a link or anything. The one from ^ up there is giving me an error page. :-[
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Mischief Snicklebritches

Cool :D

Who took all of the pics of me and "my sister, cousin...." peasant? was that Blushing?
Those are all awesome by the way. :D

Blushing

Guilty!

And t would seem I took a lot more photos this weekend ... enjoy!

http://picasaweb.google.com/blushingbiggins/CoRFJune2829
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Mischief Snicklebritches

YAY! Those are amazing! I love all the ones you got of me and Pktaxwench being peasants. Especially the one of me picking my nose. lol.

LilyFairy

hey everyone! I've enjoyed your pictures so much! I managed to sneak some too with my fairy spy camera!!! here is the link to the album, enjoy!
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l190/elaynapxy/Friends/

Clarendon

Wow, looks like a very nice Ren Faire judging by the photos you all have posted. I'll
have to make a trip up there someday.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

Shoni the Shilent

So I found several websites whilest browsing, because I had a guy with one of those huge cameras take a picture of me I think. So Im trying to find it. So yeah. If thye have already been posted, Im sorry, but Ill try and get it all here that I can find.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/5322730_bE9sb#325162408_4KQWS
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonofthegriz/sets/72157605922307631/

And apparently Nelson Chen is very popular. A few of you are on there. No me. Sad sad me...
But he does have some nice shots of yall.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Shoni

Thanks for posting those. I am familier with the Nelson Chen photo's on his http://www.pbase.com/nelsonc/2008_colorado_renaissance_festival

Nice seeing some great pictures of forum members not all of which I have personally meet at faire yet or I can put the name with the face :(.

Oh ignore the pictures of me, I'm not a fan of having pictures of me taken :)

Hope everyone had fun this weekend. Sadly Toki and I could not go and we may not make it back until closing weekend :(
"The Metal Maiden"