News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What a GLORIOUS end to the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival!

Started by kcdcchef, September 26, 2011, 12:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

So made the trip to PRF for the first time in MANY, MANY years today. And did so without knowing entirely what to expect since so many on here have led me to believe it would be far inferior to before. Well, I loved it. While it is not as big, nor on as grand a scale as the other two faires I frequent, KCRF and PARF, well, it was still wonderful. In fact, I feel it has actually improved over other seasons I went under old ownership. I will not speak highly or poorly of the ownership, I really don't care about it. What I will say is I feel the entertainment while no where near enough, is better than it was when I was there in 2005. Much better. I feel there are areas that need some love, Pub Sing needs some work, and PLEASE install seating around the Joust Arena. And real potties. But overally I felt the new acts, German Rap Brothers, those glorious bells, Balls of Fire, all wonderful additions and I hope that they will continue to add. I really do look forward to coming back in 2012. Oh, and that guy doing Vegetable Justice should get an Oscar.

kcdcchef

Oh and one more thing, Master James, VERY nice meeting you. You are a real wonderful guy, great indeed to meet you.

arbcoind

kilted one

As a part of the cast, I have to say Thank You!!!  We hear from many people as they leave, thank you for such a great time, or we have never been to a festival before and this was fantastic.  When you hear comments such as yours from someone that has been to many different festivals, it means that much more.  We are a smaller festival, but try our best to give as much entertainment as possible.  I hope that you can make it again next year and I am sorry I did not get a chance to meet you.  Mayhaps next year or at some other festival before next August!!
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

kcdcchef

Quote from: kilted one on September 26, 2011, 06:16:49 PM
As a part of the cast, I have to say Thank You!!!  We hear from many people as they leave, thank you for such a great time, or we have never been to a festival before and this was fantastic.  When you hear comments such as yours from someone that has been to many different festivals, it means that much more.  We are a smaller festival, but try our best to give as much entertainment as possible.  I hope that you can make it again next year and I am sorry I did not get a chance to meet you.  Mayhaps next year or at some other festival before next August!!

I will PERSONALLY look for you next season kilted one. Feel free to friend me on FB if you are on there, kcdcchef@yahoo.com. Was very impressed with the festival, actually. All I kept hearing was how festival mgmt has ruined it, etc. Well, I can tell you from being VERY passionate about my home faire, Kansas City Renaissance Festival, which is one of the 5 biggest in the country, and also attending the Pennsylvania one, which is also one of the five biggest, I can tell you for a FACT that pretty much everyone goes online and rants about festival management and ownership, how they are ruining it, how they are running off locals, etc. It's a business.

Having said that, I feel like PRF has made progress from before it was shut down and reopened. My biggest gripes in 2005 were lack of shows, lack of interaction from cast members, worst pubsing, and no original entertainment, IE, every sea chanty sung by a pirate type group was something ripped off from elsewhere. ( not ripped off, as much as been done ) when the pirate husband and wife sung yesterday on the pub stage, ( forgot their names, sorry ) they were very entertaining. And they sang the free creidit report song, that was HILLARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the German Brothers, GREAT ADDITION!!!!! And the pubsing was still lacking, but improved. I think if it is going to take place in the commons area in front of the concessions, more seating needs to happen. I mean, the majority of the seating was benches around the trees, meaning half of the seating is facing away from the action. But it was better, no doubt.

Overall, I feel like many improvements have been made, and it hopefully will improve more. It was nice to see such a huge crowd yesterday. Look forward to returning in 2012.