News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Brawl / Robin Hood Tourney

Started by kcdcchef, September 26, 2011, 01:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

So who has seen this new brawl they are doing this year? I have heard good things, but not much. Is it a good replacement for chess? Who can tell me how great it is? Also what else is new in 2011 that is worth checking out?

Butch

Beerside Scoundrels have dropped one person and added two more, and they are quite good!  Have not seen any of the Robin Hood storyline this year, sorry.
I always catch the People's Court with the Lord Mayor; each day it is different, and it is always a lot of fun!

kcdcchef

not sure i have done the peoples court. Lord Mayor's Company? Where is it, when? The robin hood thing is like some sort of brawl near the front gate I have heard? Something new Devin is doing. Heard good stuff but not much.

Butch

It is the Lord Mayor of Canterbury hearing all issues.  Every morning at 1030 at Merlins Berm; just inside the gates to the left, forward off the cobblestones.  Just 1/2 hour, but I enjoy it!

kcdcchef

I have NEVER, EVER done this!!! I will on Sunday! Wanna meet up Sunday?

Tamtaro

I have only made it to the Brawl once so far.  I was late & therefore behind a lot of people, so I didn't get the full effect :(  But I enjoyed the story and then there was the big brawl (I won't give it away, but I like how they got the big crowd out there!!), then romance (is "good and love triumph" a spoiler?? :P HA!)  I think it could be improved with better sound - the day I saw it, I couldn't hear the wordplay.  And if I see it again, I will come earlier, so I can be up front!!  (that might solve the volume problem too...) :D

Delireus

I went with a few friends and some met us later in the day last Saturday. One of them pooped out on us after only 3 hours at faire! She had another friends overnight stuff in her car so I had to walk out to our car to transfer stuff, and while I was a tad pissed about this, we walked back into the gates just as they were starting the last show of the Robin Hood thing at 6:30 I think. I was right at the front of the crowd, and it is at the front gates. I don't know if they do multiple times a day, or if there are other scenarios throughout the day, but the one I saw was definitely a conclusion story and there was a big fight. I thought it was very cute, if a tad cheesy  ;D

Then, all the cast came out and asked patrons to dance! Two of my friends did it. Partners get in a big circle and are taught a simple dance and dance for a while, it was cute but we didn't want to stay after that one dance :P I'd say, if you have nothing else to do, catch the brawl at the end of the day, but if it conflicts with your favorite show, it's not terrible to miss it.

- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is