News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Volunteers Wanted-Mobile AL Area-Various events

Started by Captain Teague, September 27, 2011, 04:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Teague

I recently got a job at the local theater in the Rave Theater chain near Mobile as Assistant Manager. When they found out my background experience in Marketing and Public Relations, I also got saddled with Marketing Director. Of course my first question was how much is my marketing budget monthly. Answer, zero. BUT....we can give you some leeway on movie passes and concession stuff....

Oh goodie.....

Annnyway....what I am looking for is anyone around Mobile AL who wants some extra excuse time to dress up and come frolic. I can swing ya some free movie passes and some concessions for your trouble. Perhaps some troupes might like to do some free promoting. I even have at least one opening for a dance class (Happy Feet 2 is coming soon ) to do some publicity. Anyone that doubles as Goth/Vamp I can use for the opening of the latest twilight, also coming soon. No busking allowed of course, but you can certainly hand out cards and otherwise promote yourself.

Some events I have upcoming are:

Three Musketeers  (Musketeers of course )                      Oct. 21st 
Anonymous (Shakespearian )                                         Oct. 28th
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn (Goth/Vamp )                     Nov. 18th
John Carter             (Barbarians )                                  Mar. 9th, 2012
Pirates! Band of Misfits     (Pirates )                                Mar. 30th, 2012
Avengers                    (Superheroes )                            May 4th, 2012
Brave                         (Archers )                                  June 22, 2012

And these are just examples. Basically anything in costume and I am sure I have missed a great many. Perhaps Steampunk for the new Sherlock Holmes or something, I am open to all suggestions. Individuals or entire casts.

Just wanted to toss it out there, I know I personally will be wearing my 1940's cutaway tuxedo and showing fang for Twilight, rolling around the decks in my pirate garb, strutting about in my musketeer garb, any old excuse will do for me personally.  ;D

Drop me a line at rcorman@ravecinemas.com. Appreciate it.  :)
The Code is the Law...

Dinobabe

Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

BLAKDUKE

Well the Musketeer thing would interest me but I have not the slightest clue as to where i will be at tha time.  Makes it hard to plan.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Captain Teague

Well, I am no longer with that company, but I still have their management firmly by the ear, so anytime anyone wants to show up for any appropriate themed releases, let me know. Plans are still confirmed that a bunch of pirates will be invading there when Band of Misfits releases at the end of this month. When Dark Shadows comes out in June, I will be trying to get some Vamps, etc. Manager still embraces anything like that for a promotion. My opinion of Twilight notwithstanding ( YIKKKKK!!! ) I imagine they will be open to Vamps when the last part comes out also.
The Code is the Law...