News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The (new) Three Musketeers

Started by Rowan MacD, September 27, 2011, 09:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francisco Paula

The plus with the place i go it is half price on tuesday so $9.50 if 3D but normal is $7.50.

As for the balcony like i said bigger seats for my big butt and i'm not elbowing the person next to me. Plus you can order anything off thier menu for the resturant and they have a full bar to order from served to you up to before the movie starts.

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: Francisco Paula on September 28, 2011, 03:01:02 PM
As for the balcony like i said bigger seats for my big butt and i'm not elbowing the person next to me. Plus you can order anything off thier menu for the resturant and they have a full bar to order from served to you up to before the movie starts.

But that takes all the fun out of smuggling in items.  One time in college, a girl I was dating and I snuck in a 1.5 liter bottle of wine.  With it under her sweatshirt she looked pregnant so I took credit for the deed.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Captain Teague

I don't care if you smuggle stuff in. Concession items are outrageously priced. It's the small few that do that then spread the trash across half the theater afterwards that annoy me.

So Keeper...were you the proud father of a Chardonnay or...?  ;D
The Code is the Law...

Francisco Paula

Sorry forgot to mention that the seats are set up like love seats where you don't have to have the arm rest between you and your date. Another i like is hmm $10 for a large popcorn or $10 for lobster nachos or a burger or a mini pizza.....then there is there onion rings that are to die for. It really makes it nice for a night out for a couple you have dinner and the movie and don't have to rush through dinner to make a show time.

Now back to the subject, i will probably go on half price tuesday check the movie out and see how it is. I also find you are better off judging each movie or book on its own not how it compared to other movies and such.

LadyStitch

when we saw trailer the first thing we thought was, 'Not another Van Helsing'.   That means it looks costumes to die for, technically amazing, visually eye candy, but story and acting wise... poo poo.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

BLAKDUKE

I have been watching the previews on TV recently and the the thing I hate (3D or regular) is the unrealistic dueling scenes
ala the the Musketeer.  I mean c'mon repelling down a tower dueling with 5 dozen or more opponents.  Give me
Cyrano(1950), or Scaramouche(1952) anyday.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

The Lady Mercedes

The "crouching tiger" effects are making me double guess seeing this. Those that like those types of films probably won't want to see this, and those that like period pieces don't want that in this type of film.
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

chainshot

Yes I have to agree with alot of you, ever since my wife and I began seeing the trailer for this film, we felt that alot of the scenes they showed seemed very silly to us.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for suspension of belief (within reason and provided that it is an important ingredient of the film ala The Matrix etc), but like someone else already said, all that Crouching Tiger stuff just doesn't look right for a film of this genre.  And so for us this movie is a definite pass for us.  Oh well my favorite version is the Michael York, Oliver Reed, Frank Finley and Richard Chamberlain anyway. 

Rowan MacD

We'll be seeing it, if for no other reason than it's the only thing playing right now in this genre.
  I wish the makers of the two Elizabeth movies would continue, using other characters from that era.   There hasn't been a decent Mary QOS or even Henry VIII in ages.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Hibernian

Quote from: LadyStitch on September 28, 2011, 08:00:13 PM
when we saw trailer the first thing we thought was, 'Not another Van Helsing'.   That means it looks costumes to die for, technically amazing, visually eye candy, but story and acting wise... poo poo.

Have to agree with Lady Stitch, not a movie to be taken seriously, just going for the garb and one liners.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

silasraven

Quote from: Rowen MacD on September 27, 2011, 09:55:33 AM
  What's up with the crazy guns....I will go to see this though...
http://www.youtube.com/user/SummitScreeningRoom?v=hv7ha_iCM2Y&feature=pyv&ad=8310338412&kw=
the color is insane on that, so vibrant. but still to much CGI, going to be fun to watch

Adriana Rose

I am thinking of bribeing my sister to watch my my kiddo so I can go see this. It has been ages since I have seen a movie in theaters that wasnt animated.

LadyAsh

I think I want to see this film, although it does look a bit steampunkish for me. :P
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

Taffy Saltwater

I'm all about de steampunk.  However, since this does not appear to be a science fiction take on the story, this is not the place for it.  Frankly I was so excited about a new Dumas adaptation that I didn't even notice the sp elements.  And the ninja-ish guy emerging from the water?  Not so much.  I will see it because I will basically watch or read anything that is in any form or fashion, Dumas.  And costumes!
Sveethot!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Just went to the Midnight showing of 'The Three Musketeers'..LOVED IT!!! Time well spent.

Fun, humorous, well paced, great costuming, loved the hats of Milady de Winter and of the King, and excellent cast. I did not mind at  all  the liberties taken that were not early 17th century. This is a film I would surely see again and buy once it gets onto DVD.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde