News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Make-Up at Faire

Started by Dracconia, October 04, 2009, 09:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

I love Floki!  He is one of the most interesting characters on that show.  Merlin, you could totally pull that off. :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Merlin the Elder

Are you ladies telling me to get Flokied?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Aderin

Quote from: Rowen MacD on May 22, 2013, 09:17:27 AM
   Skip the lead, egg white and arsenic!  ;D.    There are so many modern ways to safely get a 'period' cosmetic look, you don't need  to risk your health to achieve an HA appearance. 
    If you want to try it-go to your local costume shop or hobby store and buy some stage makeup.   However, wearing what amounts to white face, carmine lipstick, kohl, and rouge in the classic style is not for the faint hearted, and it would be hard to do without ending up looking like a clown.
   Contemporary written observations of courtiers in similar makeup were for the large part not complimentary, so consider that when attempting something that by all accounts, makes you look gawd awful (and that's when it was done correctly).
     Elizabeth I may have used lead into her dotage, but who's going to dis the Queen?

As Lady Rosalind said :  A natural base in a paler color with a good SPF, a touch of color for your lips and some eyeliner is all the average lady needs.   It would be what is expected of someone attending a faire in a casual mode.   You want to look finished without appearing tarted up, but   you do need some sort of feature definition to avoid being overwhelmed by an elaborate outfit and jewelry too.

Oh wow, I wasn't aware rennies cared about such modern day trivialities as LONGEVITY!

haha, thank you for this. I had no idea LEAD/ARSENIC were used! Good to know and hilarious!
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Taffy Saltwater on March 26, 2011, 08:48:03 PM
I swear by Urban Decay's Primer Potion for eyes.  And I love their eyeliners, too.  Even the pencils have pretty good staying power.
I'm going to have to hunt some of this down before Fair starts again. Does it go on ok after sunblock?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess