News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fire at the fest!

Started by Hatter, September 30, 2011, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatter

I heard this morning that there is/was a fire in the food booth area of the Narrows.  Does anyone know more?
I didn't even know that Peterson was getting divorced. lol.

escherblacksmith

Kare 11 Coverage

crazy, no more chicken shack, I wonder what was nearby.
--

LadyFae

Fox 9 has been covering the story pretty well this morning. Scotch Eggs, Cheese Curds, Rouges Chicken and three other booths in that area are either completely destroyed or heavily damaged. Fire is out, gates will open today at 10 and the Narrows to Witchwood are closed today (for cleanup, I'm sure) but should be open as normal tomorrow.
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

DonaCatalina

I am sorry to hear about this. It seems to be the year for it, sadly enough.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

saphire_glade

wow... it couldn't have waited one more week? I know there will be a lot of people missing their scotch eggs. Especially since I heard random rumor that it was their last year.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Merlin the Elder

Good Grief! What next?!?  No injuries, I trust?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

auntiegiggles

No injuries.  Thank goodness!
Everything goes better with giggles

drow

>>< drow ><<

LadyJessica

Glad to hear that everyone is ok.  Here's hoping for a speedy rebuild for your faire.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Storm

Cheese curds was alive and well today!....Everything between them and the jewelry booth on the top of the hill was closed down....

winterland

Yes it was strange seeing the burned booths. Sorry to see that had happen.   

majikah

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

A few photos I took on Sunday. There was the fence that prevented patrons from going too close to where the fire took place, along with enough large holes to get better shots.. Sure will be different next season.

Charred remains...Reports stated possible propane tank caused the blaze.

"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

William_MacKean

Propane tank was out back.  Its safety valve popped from the heat, but I don't think it caused any of the blaze.  Maybe a pilot light or grease spillage.  We will know more soon.

groomporter

Considering how high the winds were on Thursday... Very few booths are very air tight. It would not be surprising if the wind blew out a pilot light and someone turning on an electrical switch caused a spark... or leaves, napkins, or paper plates got blown near a pilot light, or the wind frayed an old electrical line that was already worn...
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?