News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Solution to Brown Boot Knundrum

Started by Captain Dungcaster, October 19, 2011, 05:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Dungcaster

So here they are. My solution to the brown boot knundrum. I engaged Brett Smith of T-Star Leather whom I met at the Va. Ren Faire to make the leather gaiters pictured to be place over my Tommy Hilfiger boots.

"Fantasy Football, Dungeons & Dragons for Jocks"
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

LadyShadow

Looks great. My husband has done something similar with his biker boots.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

amy

Those look fantastic!  I love them!  and Wow how great to have 2 pairs to switch around!   Great!

DonaCatalina

wow. That does look great. What a neat idea.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Captain Dungcaster

I.B.R.S.C #1068.

Syrilla

You will want a strap under the bottom of the spat/upper boot part.  Otherwise it will move and shift on you.

Captain Dungcaster

They do not move at all. Infact the type and thickness of the leather used prevents much "slouching" and "shifting".
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

Alaric

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

What a fantastic idea for guys and gals who want Pirate boots from what they already have!!! The boots look great!

Whoda thunk?

"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Captain Dungcaster

That is a huge compliment. Thank you all for the compliments. It is very hard to find Light Brown boots with out zippers and such. I realize Hilfiger boots are not 16th Cent. but the combination I have chosen is close from what I have found in research. The leather used is not flimsy so the gaiters do stand up. Also the artisan put a strap and buckle at the back to adjust as needed.
I.B.R.S.C #1068.