News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fabrics for Projects..What catches YOUR eye??

Started by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, October 09, 2011, 09:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I thought I would start a thread that is soley on fabrics we all purchase for our various projects that would be a help to others making their garb as well. To give ideas as to what works for what, where we bought them, price per yard, etc. Because Fabric is the major cost investment to making garb, it is the fabric that makes or breaks an ensemble.

Here is what caught my eye yesterday when I was at SR Harris outside of Minneapolis. I will be going again next Sunday because I did not have enough time to really go through the place.

Striking Baby Blue Bengaline that spoke to me...Venetian Courtesan gown. This was $15 a yard. I bought the rest of the roll becuase I can use what is left for other things. The roll had 10 1/2 yards on it.

A deep Navy Jacquard from JoAnn Fabrics that I will be making Lady Kett's Venetian gown for next Scarby season. I need to get more of this when it gets in because I bought what was left.

A Creme/Antique Gold Jacquard that will make a Grand Wizard's long Tunic. There was 5 1/2 yards left on the roll and I grabbed it. Who knows if I will ever see this fabric again.

Please share the "eye catching" fabric says, "buy me".
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Kate XXXXXX

"Because Fabric is the major cost investment to making garb, it is the fabric that makes or breaks an ensemble"

Hm...  I'd say time and skill are our biggest investments, but I know what you mean...  The fabric is what people actually see.  And they talk to us...

This lace said ELIZABETHAN SHIRT loud and clear:

It became this:

The lace was a gift from someone else's stash, and is 1970's vintage, the calico is a soft light weight one from Dunelm Mills and was less than £3 a meter.

I dunno what this cost, exactly, but it had to become the coat of amazing gold and creamness!  It has become known as the Limoncello Suit!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The fabrics you chose Kate for those projects were ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!!  Huzzah!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde