News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

the next castleteers

Started by humphrey, October 06, 2011, 05:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humphrey

first, of course, the bad news..........the fall castleteers is cancelled. i waited as long as i could, i tried every trick i could think of, but it will have to wait til spring.

here is the situation, my fellow 'teers. all summer long a couple individuals have been harrassing us. their primary tactic has been to call the police to report us for, well, nothing, but the shame is the cops have to respond anyway. they have broken up weddings, birthday parties, events, our show days......all summer long. if anyone at all parks on the road, or enters the park (where the big fire ring is) these idiots call the cops. now here is the dilemma i have been battling with. the castleteers can be big, we always park on the road, we have no choice. so knowing the cops will come to the party, what do i do. my first responsibility is to protect the castle, second the castleteers. in the end i decided that i will not have the castleteers subjected to the chance (it would go badly i believe) so, fall is cancelled.  i waited so long to make the call because i held out hope that they would use the backhoe we bought to create more usable space. either that or the would take a more aggressive stance against our attackers. neither happened. and now, this coming tuesday we have a meeting with the symmes township administrator to discuss all of the co,plaints from our "neighbors"

but as they say, every cloud has a silver lining. here is ours. because of what has gone on this summer, we have changed some rules at the rock. these rule changes are going to have a terrific effect on the castleteers. why? cuz the next one will be warm.

let the discussion begin....i propose the last weekend of april, right before Tennessee opens ....what say the castleteers?

ladylissame

That would work for me. I think a warm Castleteers would be a nice change

CapnFayeCutler

I would hope to make it, but I will probably be moving to Arkansas around that time. :(
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Old Tinker

if our Captain humphrey wish's it, that's good enough for me Belle and me,
hang in there our Captain,
we are at thy service,
Tink and Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

DrDee

Humphrey,

Let me know of anything I can do to help. I will make efforts to be down.
~Through the sands of time, I travel as a teacher and a soldier.
Dr. Jonathan Dee = ORF 
IBRSC#1455
Castleteer

Seleyna Eirian

A warm Castleteers.... I do like that idea. I enjoy the weather when it is cool, but it also lends the chance to becoming ill... especially after a night of revelry.

Will the Gather'ns just be once a year then instead of twice?
wench #3888
loveland castleteer
peacock . gypsy . pirate

WindChime

Whatever day or month you choose is fine with me, I will always bring the male and female brownies for the party.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

StareNorthSteve

Whatever the date....it shall be added to the calendar.
\../ sns \../
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

max and kate

Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

I just need my castleteer fix. No matter when we have it.
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Jared Thorne

It kind of sucks that a couple of individuals can screw things up for others, but then that is life. I just hope that we (the Castle, that is) can deal with said individuals so that we don't have any future problems with law enforcement. Maybe a temporary restraining order might be in order.

As to a warmer Castleteers gathering, I am all for that. Not as much fun when you are freezing cold and hoping that you don't get sick after attending a gathering.
Jared Thorne
aka Sir Charles of Loveland Castle
KOGT
Rogue #261
LVH #76
IFRP #80

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: CapnFayeCutler on October 09, 2011, 06:23:40 PM
I would hope to make it, but I will probably be moving to Arkansas around that time. :(

What part of Arkansas are you moving to? If it's central Arkansas, Nimue and I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about the area. There's only a handful of R/F folks here in Arkansas and we're pretty scattered.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

renrat70

i would love a warm castleteers. when ever the date, we will be there with bells on. cant wait. :D

Avidd

Sorry to hear of all the BS you're having to deal with Humphery.

Imestra

April 27th, Friday is 'danes night

April 28th, Saturday Castleteers Gather'n

Woot!
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Seleyna Eirian

Huzzah! That is wonderful news!

So, who will be headed up to Ashville that Sunday following Castle? ;)
wench #3888
loveland castleteer
peacock . gypsy . pirate

Sir Jim & Lady Helen

28th could be a problem as we always go to the Ashville Viking Festival on Saturday and it is the same weekend.  We will have to see how that works out.
Irish Penny Brigade
Castleteers
Lost Vikings
FOKTOPs
ROOL

Jim:
Ride Penny

Helen:
Spin Penny
IWG#3811 Local#57

Old Tinker

Quote from: Imestra on November 13, 2011, 09:28:41 AM
April 27th, Friday is 'danes night

April 28th, Saturday Castleteers Gather'n

Woot!

well done Sis,
well's me's and me Belle thinks that we's can start the list'ns after the first of the year, since the "Gather'n" shall be later in the spring..
what do all think ?
serving, your Tink and Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far