News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Kansas City Renaissance Festival 2011 In Pictures

Started by kcdcchef, October 07, 2011, 11:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

The first thing we did at KCRF 2011, had a breakfast crepe. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

2011 marked the return of the Robin Hood Swill Pond Show. Great as usual. I did miss the old Sherriff of Knotingham, but this case was very good as well. Very enjoyable. This photo, you can only see the splash from the Sherriff, he is already in the water.

Here you can see the crowd for the swill pond show in Yorkshire Harbor. Rather large, like all crowds were.

I took this photo of Renaissance Downs because in year's past you could not get this photo, there was such a large fence along back of seating area. With the continued expansion of the Pirate's Adventure Cove area, well, it is amazing up there now. It just needs trees for shade.

The Full Monty. Who Doth Proclaim this anyways. A parody of who's line is it anyways. FUNNY STUFF! I highly reccomend seeing it, funny funny show that will never be the same twice as it depends on the audience and what they say.

The Musical Blades. Had to see them on the newly renovated Choral Pavilion. While it is a better stage now, these poor guys were directly in the sun all day. Hate to see such an awesome act that is so important to so many at KCRF get this stage, but since they are part timers in 2011, I get it.

The brawl taking place at the back gate near closing.

My absolute FAVORITE part of the KCRF, the Pub Sing.

More Pub Sing. You can see Ogrot behind them. They tried so hard, but are so new at it. Hopefully they will stick with it and continue to improve into a great KCRF act.

And finally, the shot I take every year. On my way home each season, I snap a shot of the tiny remnants of the crowd post pub sing, around 6:15. It is something I want to remember in my mind as I saw it, beautiful, sad, empty, it is a scene I struggle to capture on film each season but will remember it in my mind. God speed to my next adventure in Canterbury. How I love thee!

kcdcchef

Sorry for that one that keeps saying image missing or deleted. It kept doing that so I left it in there. Strange.

Archer

Nice pics.   I just returned from a great weekend at KCRF.   Overall, an enjoyable experience.
Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.

Stalkwell

So where would one find that absolutely scrummy looking breakfast crepe?

Stalk well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

Archer

In the gate then stay left about 100 yards ( a guess) and watch for it on your right.  Mine was looking just that good and what you see is, in fact,  what you get.   ;)
Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Archer on October 12, 2011, 08:28:35 PM
In the gate then stay left about 100 yards ( a guess) and watch for it on your right.  Mine was looking just that good and what you see is, in fact,  what you get.   ;)

sounds about right, about 100 yards to the left after you come in, Claire's Crepes.

kcdcchef

Look for this beauty and you will have found paradise!!!!

Butch

Oh, and at 1030 look for me seated at Merlin's Berm for The People's Court with the Lord Mayor.  The stage just to the left inside the gate.  A wooden totem pole like thing is on the left side of the stage.  I am usually recognizable by my blue thrum cap (furry like yarn hair), but while I am seated, I remove my cap.  Look for me in a dark blue doublet in the middle of those seats 1030-1100.

Feel free to message me if you like, and maybe we can meet somewhere!

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on October 12, 2011, 10:16:24 PM
Oh, and at 1030 look for me seated at Merlin's Berm for The People's Court with the Lord Mayor.  The stage just to the left inside the gate.  A wooden totem pole like thing is on the left side of the stage.  I am usually recognizable by my blue thrum cap (furry like yarn hair), but while I am seated, I remove my cap.  Look for me in a dark blue doublet in the middle of those seats 1030-1100.

Feel free to message me if you like, and maybe we can meet somewhere!

Butch, in 2012 come heck or high water, you and I are GOING TO MEET!!!!! hey are you on Facebook, I am over there a lot more.

Stalkwell

I'll keep an eye out for both a blue thrum cap and yummy crepes.

Thanks all for the tasty info...
Stalk well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

Butch

KCDCChef, yes on the FB!  PM me and I'll tell you how to find me.  YES, we need to cross paths sometime!

Stalkwell:  I shall be there on Sat from opening cannon until parade (about 1245).  I shall be there ALL DAY on Sun.  At Merlin's Berm 1030-1100 both days.

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on October 12, 2011, 09:41:01 PM

Look for this beauty and you will have found paradise!!!!
kcdcchef - thank you for this colorful memento (all my shots are looking up at the sign, sometimes with my giant smiling head blocking most of the scenery ;D)
*Sigh*

kcdcchef

no problem at all!! i took that shot i beleive in 2009 actually, the sign has since been painted a pinkish burgandy, with the words Claire's Crepes. anwyways, every season I attempted to get that shot, and every season , I failed. so whilst enjoying a DELICIOUS crepe in 2009, standing under the trellace and ivy, it occurred to me, take it from this vantage point. and VOILA!!!

kcdcchef

So, one of the festival photographers mentioned he had a shot I am looking for, that quentisential shot of the faire grounds at dusk, dark settling in, patrons almost all gone. I have tried for YEARS AND YEARS to get this shot, and fail every time. So if he gives it to me, and gives me permission, I will post it here.