News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Just visiting. :)

Started by jinx, October 08, 2011, 08:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinx

It's looking like my fiancĂ© and I will be visiting your Faire on October 16, along with a friend and her kids (who have never been to a Faire)!  I'm excited to visit, especially seeing some of the acts listed on the website.  Any "must do!" suggestions from you regulars?  Also, though I haven't been around the boards much in the last little while, I'm always happy to meet new rennies. :D
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

amy

Hey there!  My daughter Sarah and her boyfriend will be there most every weekend.   He is kilted and she will be wearing a gold print gown with red and black brocade trims.   She has long Red hair and will surely love to show you about a bit.   Hey Nunnie, Nunnie and the Tortugas of course are fantastic..  the best company and mosst familiar faces might be found down near the u-turn in the grounds near the joust field.  That is the "hang-out".   The Queen is amazing and so much fun to talk with and follow and the music is always divine.  You'll have a fantastic day!

Hibernian

Good morning!

Welcome to Fairhaven this upcoming weekend! The weather looks like it going to cooperate and all will be right with the world. Just in case no one mentions it, do beware that minions of NASCAR will be in the Charlotte area for this upcoming weekend which means added travel time in the area. Although the big race I believe is Saturday, the whole weekend up by the track area will be crowded. Once you get to Fairhaven you'll be fine, just be aware of traffic conditions for this upcoming weekend.

Once passed the gates, for families Don Juan & Miguel, Hey Nunnie Nunnie, London Broil, Barely Balanced, Pirate Shantyman and Bonnie Lass are all greats acts. Tortuga Twins are fantastic but not always everyone's cup of tea.

Hope to see you
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Hibernian

and another thing...

jinx, you mention a friend with children, if the children are younger than 12, go to the CRF site and check out the coupon for this weekend. It appears there is a book drive where you donate a book and get a child ticket free with a grown up paid admission. Anyway, check the site. Every little bit helps these days.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

jinx

Hibernian: It appears the kids have elected to not go to Faire with us, but thanks for that tip!  If the youngest had been coming, we'd definitely have done that.  :)  Also thanks for the traffic info.  :)  I know Tortuga Twins are definitely on our list, as well as Hey Nunnie Nunnie and Barely Balanced.  Pirate Shantyman and Bonnie Lass have been at the KY faire, and I do adore them.  ^.^ 

amy: If I spot her, I'll definitely try to introduce myself.  ^.^  It looks like this faire is a lot bigger than my home faire, so I'll probably need navigation!

If anyone wants to spot us on Sunday, I'm pretty visible, wearing a dark green bodice over an orange-y chemise, an orange patchwork skirt with a gold-yellow overskirt, an an orange bandana (and an avocado green jingle scarf...and a sheep dangling from handcuffs on my belt), my fiance in a kilt with a white shirt, and our friend wearing a gold-ish tapestry bodice, white or sea-green chemise, and black skirt.  :)
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.